Detailed guide on getting my wife a tourist visa in england

2 hours ago, Stuart Fox said:

She does work, we've been together for over 4 years. I just need a link or a nice guide of setting her up with a UK tourist visa in Bangkok, please. Thank you for your time

The basics are this. Prove your relationship, (flights or hotel bookings together). If you are sponsoring her show that you can fund her trip. Show you can accommodate her hen she comes to the UK. If you are traveling aroudn and staying in hotels, say so. The tricky one is showing your girlfriend's reasons to return to Thailand at the end of the trip. Typically a letter from her boss stating the length of the trip and that she will have job to return to when she goes home.

An important aspect of the application is where do you live. If you live in Thailand and are going to return together it will be fairly straightforward. If however you normally stay in the UK then you will need to provide a good case for your wife to return to Thailand. The best evidence of this is a letter from the employer stating that she has been granted time off to make the trip and is expected to return to work on a certain date. Bear in mind the employer may be contacted to confirm.

An important item in the supporting docs is your sponsor letter, should be informative and concise and worth making the statement that you will accept full financial responsibility for the trip.

As said it is all done online now and I would suggest that you register and make a dummy application to become familiar with the setup, this can then be deleted prior to the real thing. Good luck.

Almost impossoble the home office will refuse on the grounds she is likely to remain in uk, we have tried 4 times even used an english immigration lawyer last time who thought the application was watertight and could not be refused as he covered every possible refusal ground  ,we  involved my mp on human rights grounds and still refused  i was told (unoffically by my m p ) as home office cannot stop people flooding into uk from europe they needd to keep immigretion down so will stop anyone who has to apply for a visa cominAlmost impossoble the home office will refuse on the grounds she is likely to remain in uk, we have tried 4 times even used an immigration lawyer last time who thought the application was watertight and could not be refused as he covered every possible refusal ground  ,we  involved my mp on human rights grounds and still refused  i was told (unoffically by my m p ) as home office cannot stop people flooding into uk from europe they needd to keep immigretion down so will stop anyone who has to apply for a visa coming   the home office are f.....g bastards 

we also tried to get a study visa for my daughter to do a masters degree in u.k. refused on same grounds 

Remember you have no right of appeal or recourse in any way just pay the fee again and get refused again  the home office are f.....g bastards 

Ps.do not believe any company thet claim they can get you a visa easily (they sre everywhere in thailand ) they just want your money

Include her bank accounts, family ties, parents kids etc. Like a previous poster said, no BS.

Use Booking.com for hotel bookings, that can be cancelled.

When the interview at Trendy is booked, make sure she knows what all the documents are, as you are not allowed to go in with her!

Good Luck

16 minutes ago, bignbad said:

When the interview at Trendy is booked, make sure she knows what all the documents are, as you are not allowed to go in with her!

Intetview is done over the phone and visit to embassy's outside contractor is only to take prints /photos now .documents are scanned to home office from approved company and dont forget t.b.test (another 5000thb) 

All documents have to provide origional and certified translation (more money)

We had to go to bkk 3 times to complete paperwork 

Just remember you are trying to climb a veryical oil covered wall with no safety net

People have described a boat as a dent in the water that you continually poar  money into to prevert it sinking 

The visa application center is a deeper dent and the boat has a bigger hole in it 

If you do succeed you will be a very rare person tell me how you beat big brother.

1 hour ago, travelling wilbury said:

Intetview is done over the phone and visit to embassy's outside contractor is only to take prints /photos now .documents are scanned to home office from approved company and dont forget t.b.test (another 5000thb) 

Don't need a tb test for a visitor visa

2 hours ago, travelling wilbury said:

Just remember you are trying to climb a veryical oil covered wall with no safety net

People have described a boat as a dent in the water that you continually poar  money into to prevert it sinking 

The visa application center is a deeper dent and the boat has a bigger hole in it 

If you do succeed you will be a very rare person tell me how you beat big brother.

There are many of TV members including myself, who have taken their partners to the UK without issues.

I have taken three other Thai nationals, besides my other half, for both business/education reasons and holidays,  to the UK over 25 years.

The paperwork is a very important part of it without a doubt, as are reasons to return. London and large cities have many Thai nationals that went to the UK and did not return to Thailand, and can be found working in massage parlors in the UK, as well as restaurants, and various other trades that they specialize in Thailand.

The UK government wants to ensure, especially with all the immigration and migrant issues they have had, that an application is genuine.

There are also many Thai people who apply and get visas to visit the UK without any problems at all, without any assistance from UK nationals.

On 6/14/2019 at 3:10 AM, rasg said:

The basics are this. Prove your relationship, (flights or hotel bookings together). If you are sponsoring her show that you can fund her trip. Show you can accommodate her hen she comes to the UK. If you are traveling aroudn and staying in hotels, say so. The tricky one is showing your girlfriend's reasons to return to Thailand at the end of the trip. Typically a letter from her boss stating the length of the trip and that she will have job to return to when she goes home.

No flight or hotel bookings are required, the application form says this.

3 hours ago, travelling wilbury said:

Almost impossoble the home office will refuse on the grounds she is likely to remain in uk, we have tried 4 times even used an english immigration lawyer last time who thought the application was watertight and could not be refused as he covered every possible refusal ground  ,we  involved my mp on human rights grounds and still refused  i was told (unoffically by my m p ) as home office cannot stop people flooding into uk from europe they needd to keep immigretion down so will stop anyone who has to apply for a visa cominAlmost impossoble the home office will refuse on the grounds she is likely to remain in uk, we have tried 4 times even used an immigration lawyer last time who thought the application was watertight and could not be refused as he covered every possible refusal ground  ,we  involved my mp on human rights grounds and still refused  i was told (unoffically by my m p ) as home office cannot stop people flooding into uk from europe they needd to keep immigretion down so will stop anyone who has to apply for a visa coming   the home office are f.....g bastards 

we also tried to get a study visa for my daughter to do a masters degree in u.k. refused on same grounds 

Remember you have no right of appeal or recourse in any way just pay the fee again and get refused again  the home office are f.....g bastards 

Ps.do not believe any company thet claim they can get you a visa easily (they sre everywhere in thailand ) they just want your money

I believe YOU may have to show you can write and spell English correctly if you are going to sponsor a Thai for a UK Visa.

2 hours ago, travelling wilbury said:

You do not need ANY photos, flight tickets or hotel booking. 

I have done it four times with no problems at all, as have many others.

3 hours ago, bignbad said:

Include her bank accounts, family ties, parents kids etc. Like a previous poster said, no BS.

Use Booking.com for hotel bookings, that can be cancelled.

Good Luck

Things have changed, there is a list of documents that are not required and hotel bookings are one of them.

Also as documents are now scanned they are checked and categorised before entry and you can be present during that process.

Section 4: documents you should not send unless specifically requested This page provides guidance on the types of documents that are not required to consider your application. 
 if you are applying as a family/group you do not need to provide multiple copies of the same documents  bank statements or letters issued more than 1 year before the date of application  driving licence  photographs (other than passport photographs required in section 1)  notarial certificates  business cards  hotel bookings  flight bookings  photocopies of bank cards  credit card statements  certificates relating to leisure activities  evidence of car ownership  travel insurance  sponsor’s utility bills  sponsor’s council tax bills  educational certificates (unless specifically listed in section 3) 

4 hours ago, travelling wilbury said:

Well 14 years ago i applied for my thai g/f for 6 month visa and got it. Next time applied for 2 year visa got it. Next applied for 10 year and she still have 4 years left. Shes made 14 trips there mostly 5 werks every time. Applied for 6 months usa got it. Then applied fir 2 or 3 year and they gave her a 10 y visa. Just back from her 4th holiday there as it expires in aug this year. Aussie visa no problem . Shelgan visa no problem. I always sponser her always travel insurance. I also show money here and offshore. All assets. No problem even china visa. 

50 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

You do not need ANY photos, flight tickets or hotel booking. 

I have done it four times with no problems at all, as have many others.

Quite. I have now done it 8 times to the UK, plus 3 Shengen, 1 Canadian and 2 Chinese visas.

Only problem ever had was the German embassy not abiding by the Schengen agreement rules on family members.

14 hours ago, wgdanson said:

No flight or hotel bookings are required, the application form says this. 

I should have said, previous bookings. They can a useful way to show you have been together over a period of time. I used five or six for my wife's visit visas before we married.

Here is the process I follow to get my girlfriend a visa to visit the UK. She didn't have any job or assets at the time, so I was her sponsor. I just gave them exactly what the asked for, which was:

• Girlfriends Passport and Copy
  • Girlfriends ID card and copy
  • Short Letter from myself explaining why I'm paying for her (as we have been together for 6 years and going to visit my family for Xmas and do some tourist stuff)
  • My passport and copy
  • My work permit and copy
  • Copy of my work contract
  • Our Condo rental contract and copy (which is in her name)
  • 6 months of my Thia bank statements showing enough savings to pay for both our trips and monthly salary payments (went to the bank to get printouts)
  • Print out of email from my parents confirming we will be staying with them (So less spending money needed)

Make sure you leave plenty of time between applying and the planned date of visit.

My girlfriend came over to the UK last year and her visa was issued within 2 weeks (supporting factors - she had visited the UK while working before she met me, now has a decent job in Bangkok and I wrote a letter saying I would bear all costs if required). You might think it would be quicker to process a visa application this time but so far we have waited 3 weeks and still no response. She is due in the UK in 2.5 weeks so we will have to chase this first thing next week if it's not sorted.

I read on a separate thread it took someone a month for their visa application to be processed! 

Chasing up your application apparently involves calling a premium rate number or a paid email (that's what gf said anyways..).

Note the application is done online. However, she did send some supporting documents, including a supporting letter I wrote. The UK visa applications are actually processed in India now, not in Bangkok. Cost is around 4000 or 5000 baht for the application. 

• 3 weeks later...

Archived