Over pricing ??

kevvy

Driving along 1211 highway there is one building with larger and medium rocks in front of the building .My wife rang them and asked about the rocks as I wanted to make a waterfall .The man said they would cost nothing just pay for the transport which is about 5 Klms from our home .We rang him a few days later and he said take a picture of the rocks and speak to his wife .She runs one of the hardware shops down the road .So my wife took the pictures today and called into the store , which we have gone there many times before to purchase items .She said hello and then my showed her show her the pictures of the 10 rocks we wanted .She knows our home as she has delivered items to us before.About 3 hours later my wife got phone called and it was the lady from the hardware shop.I heard my wife say $5000 baht , which I thought was expensive , after she hung up I asked her were they 5000 baht ? She said to me "are you sitting down" the price was 500,000 baht ,!!!!!!!! Maybe they were quartz bearing rocks with gold in them.

These are the rocks .

1560511833045.jpg

1560511838075.jpg

1560511842777.jpg

After that, I'd find it difficult to deal with the lady at the hardware store without bursting out laughing at her and being tempted to ask if the item you're holding, obviously worth no more than 100 baht, is on sale for 100,000 baht today-- special farang price? 

12 hours ago, Inn Between said:

After that, I'd find it difficult to deal with the lady at the hardware store without bursting out laughing at her and being tempted to ask if the item you're holding, obviously worth no more than 100 baht, is on sale for 100,000 baht today-- special farang price? 

My wife actually told her how much for delivery?? another 100,00 ...she laughed .

13 hours ago, sherwood said:

Just showed my wife this one, she is still laughing her guts out. "you give me two beer and I bring for wall" Fair dinkum! 

Just 2 beers , make sure they are VICTORIA BITTER.

I spoke to a neighbour today who has a similar waterfall feature in his garden.

He says he bought the rocks from the village, through the Pu Yai Baan.

It would be a while ago, I have no idea if they are still available but he says they take them from the river.

On ‎6‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 8:15 PM, Puchaiyank said:

Not surprising...they smell baht...the worthless rocks have suddenly become extremely valuable since a farang has expressed interest...????

According to the OP the farang was at no stage involved in the proposed business.

On 6/14/2019 at 7:44 PM, kevvy said:

.So my wife took the pictures today and called into the store , which we have gone there many times before to purchase items

12 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

According to the OP the farang was at no stage involved in the proposed business.

I think the store owner knew there was a Farang involved........".which we have gone there many times before to purchase items"

you need to read more carefully.

regards worgeordie

Archived