Buying A Bike On Koh Phangan

Where is the best place to buy a bike such as a Honda Dream 125 in Koh Phangan? I'm tired of renting due to fear of scratching it or whatever and over a long period renting probably doesn't work out much cheaper.

I'm looking to buy a used one. Does anybody have a guide to what new and used bikes cost in Koh Phangan and where best to get them. I thought about asking rental companies about buying an old one off them for cash. Do you think that would work? Would it be cheaper to hop over to Suratthani and buy it there then bring it over on the car ferry?

new ones are like 40-50,000b, used ones around 10-20,000b. i did find a good one without papers for 5000b, but i thought that was too sketchy so i didn't get it. ask the bike repair shops, they will look around for you.

I have bought & sold back 2nd hand bikes to springer in Chaweng on samui for years. They are always legal & will always pay a good price for the bike if you haven't had any major scraps or trashed it should you need to sell it back. I did think though that unless you had a residency card or a wp you couldn't actually register the bike in your name, i may be wrong on that so ask around a bit more.

wise move girlx, no papers mean no tax means you can be stopped & they can take your bike. Had a friend who had hers on samuif or years without issue then was stopped one day by the BiB & bike taken off her & nothing she could do. :o

Renting a Bike does not need to be expensive on Koh Phangan

we rent Bikes (but longterm only) for as low as 2200 Baht per month.

Suzuki%20Best%20125.JPG

... please check out our motorbike rental prices for Koh Phangan ...

At the moment we have one old honda bike for sale ... with papers for 8000 Baht ... sorry no photo ... but it looks a bit used already ... pm me if you are interested ...