Residential projects worth Bt147bn launched in greater Bangkok from January to May

snoop1130

Residential projects worth Bt147bn launched  in greater Bangkok from January to May

By The Nation

c3e46647325da4b6c0ca995911fcf5de.jpeg

New residential launches in Bangkok and its suburbs in the first five months of the year comprised 37,608 units, worth Bt147.2 billion at an average of Bt3.92 million per unit, the Agency for Real Estate Affairs reported on Monday.

Sixty-six per cent of the newly launched projects were condominiums, 18.5 per cent were townhouses, and 10.2 per cent were detached houses, AREA said.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30371245

thenation_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation 2019-06-17

8 hours ago, natway09 said:

I would like to see any accurate figures on how many condos, apartments & townhouses empty in Thailand

You probably mean unsold.  My condo project is probably 80% empty most of the time--but all the condos are sold.  Many are owned by rich Bangkokians who only come a few times a year.

How many of those condos claims to be "high class" and only try to lure the 1% of thailand ? (0.1%?)

Some the new projects I checked on Thonglor advertised prices starting north of 250k/sqm. I can conceive that a non insignificant amount of people can pay for that, it's in no way a smart decision to fork out 10M bahts for a studio in Bangkok.

Archived