Motorbike driver dies after colliding with taxi in Thalang, Phuket

webfact

Motorbike driver dies after colliding with taxi in Thalang, Phuket

By Kritsada Mueanhawong

1.jpg

A motorbike driver has died after colliding with a taxi carrying Indian tourists in Thalang. Thalang Police report that they were notified of the collision at 9.35pm last night on Thepkrasattri Road in Thalang, Phuket.

Police and emergency responders arrived at the scene to find the damaged motorbike and taxi on the road.

The motorbike driver, 45 year old man Somjit Pimmala, was taken to the Thalang Hospital where he was later pronounced dead.

The taxi driver 29 year old Prapan Chaipakdee was taken to Thalang Police Station. An alcohol breath test was conducted indicating a reading of zero.

The taxi driver told police that he was carrying Indian tourists from the Phuket International Airport and heading to Patong. He claimed that the motorbike suddenly changed lanes and collided with his taxi, causing him to crash onto the road.

Police are continuing the investigation including checking local CCTV cameras.

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Source: https://thethaiger.com/news/phuket/motorbike-driver-dies-after-colliding-with-taxi-in-thalang-phuket

thtthaiger.png

-- © Copyright The Thaiger 2019-06-18

A motorcycle changing lanes without warning? It's only news and unusual if they don't. Just down the road from me a motorcyclist decided to do a right turn from the lane they use as a bicycle lane. The problem was that she gave no warning and didn't look and a pickup ploughed into them. One dead, one left without legs, because the driver was too lazy to look behind her. Perfectly normal behaviour here, where they are totally unable to join the dots and realise that if they so A then the consequences might be B.

my pet hate is that motorcyclists do not cancel their indicators, i bet i can ride out today and see loads of the lazy bar stewards, i pull up alongside and do the bikers signal, your indicator is still on, all i get back are blank stares

Archived