Electricity consumers warned: Don't believe online economy claims from crooks

webfact

Electricity consumers warned: Don't believe online economy claims from crooks

8pm.jpg

A spokesman for the Thai electricity authorities in Bangkok has warned consumers not to be fooled by claims made on Facebook that they can save money on their bills by installing special equipment.

A fan page called "Expert Electric" is under investigation after they photo-shopped genuine MEA (Metropolitan Electricity Authority) pictures with their own products. 

Jaturong Suriyasasin warned the public not to be fooled into thinking that the MEA endorses such products. 

He said the equipment won't work and could well damage your connections or supply. 

They may also be illegal leading you to end up being prosecuted in court. 

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-06-19

18 minutes ago, webfact said:

spokesman for the Thai electricity authorities in Bangkok has warned consumers not to be fooled by claims made on Facebook that they can save money on their bills by installing special equipment.

Hahahaha .. What's needed is a " Bang " noise every time anyone clicks on the page .. Anyway if they want to save money on electric here's a tip .. don't use so much .. or buy the bargain economy brand .. 

Actually what the MEA is worried about is that whatever they claim (the fraudsters) does actually work, thereby people pay for the scam and defraud MEA from thousands of baht in owed bills.

There was a thread on here about people only paying 1200 Baht a month despite running 5 air cons 24/7 - If I remember rightly Crossy closed the thread as it was discussing illegal activities, tch tch, ???? 

For as long as I can remember, which is a long time, people in the UK have been cheating Gas & Electricity bills since meters were invented.

I actually knew a guy who worked in the Gas business (connecting people) and as soon as his meter was read he reversed the meter for a week or 2, saved him a fortune, no reason why it wouldn't work here with their antiquated systems.

Just my 2 pennarth ???? 

Archived