One dead, one injured in Thalang collision, Phuket

webfact

One dead, one injured in Thalang collision, Phuket

By Kritsada Mueanhawong

IMG_8950.jpg

A passenger has died while the driver of the car has sustained injuries following a collision with a pickup truck in Thalang. Thalang officials were notified of the incident at 10pm last night on Srisoonthorn road at the Bang Jo Intersection.

Police and emergency responders arrived at the scene to find a damaged sedan sitting in the middle of the road. The driver, who had sustained injuries, was taken to Thalang Hospital. The passenger, 25 years old Nattaphon Thepreaw, was found dead inside the sedan. His body was also taken to Thalang Hospital for positive ID.

Witnesses told police that the sedan was heading towards the Heroines Monument at high speed. The pickup truck was coming out from a side road trying to cross the main road. The sedan collided with the pickup truck.

Police are continuing their investigations.

IMG_8947.jpg

IMG_8965.jpg

IMG_8983.jpg

IMG_8996.jpg

Source: https://thethaiger.com/news/phuket/one-dead-one-injured-in-thalang-collision-phuket

thtthaiger.png

-- © Copyright The Thaiger 2019-06-19

13 minutes ago, cornishcarlos said:

Standard accident here then..

Car A travelling too fast, whilst Car B pulls out from a side road without due care and attention. 

Did I miss anything ?

No not really, the road is racing track where drivers very often travel beyond the legal speed limit without any thought of anybody else. But then again, since there are no police around anyway, it's an accident waiting to happen. 

Man charged after deadly head-on collision

By Eakkapop Thongtub

1560920437_1-org.jpg

The front end of the BMW was destroyed by the impact. Photo: Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET: One man is facing a charge of reckless driving causing death after a deadly head-on collision on Srisoonthorn Rd in Baan Manik last night (June 18).

Thalang Police were informed of the accident at 10:30pm, Lt Col Kittiphum Tinthalang of the Thalang Police noted in his report.

Officers arrived at the scene, in front of the “Tasai Sor Andaman” construction materials in Moo 4 Srisoonthorn, to find a Phuket-registered black Isuzu pickup truck askew to the side of the road with slight damage to its front.

Read more at https://www.thephuketnews.com/man-charged-after-deadly-head-on-collision-71837.php#QvezrWKkf7OoT9oL.99 

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2019-06-19

2 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

Car A travelling too fast, whilst Car B pulls out from a side road without due care and attention. 

Did I miss anything ?

Yes. Front seat passenger (deceased) not wearing seat belt?

3 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

Did I miss anything ?

You missed out late at night, a pick-up truck and drunk.

19 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

Did I miss anything ?

Sedan passenger dead, I wonder if they were wearing a seat belt, I don't normally comment on that but seems a bit strange that the driver with a steering wheel in front of him gets injured but the passenger with free space is killed?

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

Sedan passenger dead, I wonder if they were wearing a seat belt, I don't normally comment on that but seems a bit strange that the driver with a steering wheel in front of him gets injured but the passenger with free space is killed?

Perhaps the passenger side air bag was disengaged, perhaps the driver wore a seat belt whilst the passenger didn't.

Archived