Cockpit tyres

ivor bigun

Went into cockpit tyres today just to get my brakes checked they took off two wheels and said all ok ,put them back on,10 minutes in all ,then charged me 400 baht,couldnt believe it , also while i was there some Thai guy drove in and started complaining i think about work on his car.

Anyway 400 baht is vastly expensive just for a quick visual check ,so Cockpit on Shukumvit,never going to get a business off me.

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Charged you only a tenner to check your brakes? Good deal I reckon.

No need to embellish your inability to ask up front for any minimum service charge with some vague reasoning on why another customer who's language you don't understand was upset.

No need to embellish your inability to ask up front for any minimum service charge with some vague reasoning on why another customer who's language you don't understand was upset.

Considering that at another garage,i have had a puncture fixed and the wheel rebalanced and it only costs 250 baht ,having a quik check for 400 is excesive. But then if its ok by you,please use them. Up to you.

6 minutes ago, cornishcarlos said:

One wheel removal 250 baht, 2 wheels 400 baht !! Sounds like Cockpit was the better deal ????

Don't forget that fixing a puncture and balancing was included in the 250.

7 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Bquick checks and fix for free, but they are the only ones.

1 hour ago, Vacuum said:

Why you even paid anything ? It seems that your style is to pay when it's useless.

All this is free at Bquick.

1 hour ago, Vacuum said:

Place I regularly used on Sukhumvit near the highway ramp in Pattaya would charge me 180 baht for fixing a flat. That was all-inclusive fee for jacking up, wheel removal, nail-finding, tire removal, nail-pulling, tire-plugging, remounting tire on rim, re-inflation, balancing, sticking it back on the truck and lowering the jack. YMMV.

Cockpit probably does have a published list of charges on the wall of their air-conditioned waiting room with complementary 3-in-1 coffee. My 180 baht guy would give me a plastic stool in the shade on the pavement and sometimes they'd point a fan at me as well.

Personally i think he was right to be upset ,400 baht or 10 quid to check ,they even check for free in many garages in the UK . vastly overpriced for Thailand where many workers only earn 300 baht an hour , mind you i often drive past cockpit and its never busy ,i can see why ,i will never use them now .

where is bquick?

6 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Place I regularly used on Sukhumvit near the highway ramp in Pattaya would charge me 180 baht for fixing a flat. That was all-inclusive fee for jacking up, wheel removal, nail-finding, tire removal, nail-pulling, tire-plugging, remounting tire on rim, re-inflation, balancing, sticking it back on the truck and lowering the jack. YMMV.

Cockpit probably does have a published list of charges on the wall of their air-conditioned waiting room with complementary 3-in-1 coffee. My 180 baht guy would give me a plastic stool in the shade on the pavement and sometimes they'd point a fan at me as well.

why do you pay for flat tyres ?

7 minutes ago, bert bloggs said:

Personally i think he was right to be upset ,400 baht or 10 quid to check ,they even check for free in many garages in the UK . vastly overpriced for Thailand where many workers only earn 300 baht an hour ,

I think you mean 300B per day.

Anyone who thinks that 400B for checking brakes on a car is a reasonable charge has no idea what money is worth.

33 minutes ago, LennyW said:

I take the jack out, jack up my truck, take wheel off, check brakes, replace wheel, tighten nuts, lower jack, put jack away.......free!

No it's not. You probably have to buy electrolyte to replace what you have sweated.

You are on extremely thin ice extolling the virtues of UK garages. It they do it for free it is because they have stung you for something else - no garage is going to allow you to drive in, get your brakes checked, and drive out again without paying.

Which magazine have virtually based their entire history on uncovering UK garage scams.

and anyone who is whining about a tenner for someone to check their potentially life saving brakes and providing that reassuring confirmation that their family is driving safely, really need a reality check on how their life has got to that state !
Actually my brakes were fine,i only wanted to check to see if they were nearly worn out,if so i would have changed the pads,now ,no hope i would ever use them ,God knows how much that would be there.

4 hours ago, LennyW said:

I take the jack out, jack up my truck, take wheel off, check brakes, replace wheel, tighten nuts, lower jack, put jack away.......free!

Your almost there.

But you forgot,  first off, go 7/11 buy 4 beer Chang,

Go back, and instruct your lady, on how to perform the task,

After all,  it's her pick up anyway.

Then sit back and drink the beer,  whilst watching her do the job,

But just make sure,  you do the final check on, wheel nut Torque settings.

Sorted,  :jap:

25 minutes ago, stanleycoin said:

Your almost there.

But you forgot,  first off, go 7/11 buy 4 beer Chang,

Go back, and instruct your lady, on how to perform the task,

After all,  it's her pick up anyway.

Then sit back and drink the beer,  whilst watching her do the job,

But just make sure,  you do the final check on, wheel nut Torque settings.

Sorted,  :jap:

God No

No

Definitely Not

No

Yes

6 hours ago, myjawe said:

why do you pay for flat tyres ?

I don't.

6 hours ago, myjawe said:

but you pay for flat tyres...

No. I paid for a guy to FIX my flat tire.

Before your get your panties in a bunch, this was a few years ago BEFORE B-QUIK WAS INVENTED. B-Quik fix flats for free as a loss-leader. Somchai needs to charge so he can put food on the table.... or maybe it's laokhao that floats his boat.

It's too funny how the coffin dodgers here buy their Archa at the mom and pop stores, eschewing the bars they used to afford but when it comes to keeping the 15 year-old clunker on the road, they make a beeline for the western-style B-Quik. Sort of a balloon chase for farang, silver-haired drivers, no?

But this isn't about me paying a fair amount for time and labour at a roadside tire shop is it? It's about the OP being too stingy to pay a tenner for his brake check.

17 hours ago, NanLaew said:

I don't.

No. I paid for a guy to FIX my flat tire.

Before your get your panties in a bunch, this was a few years ago BEFORE B-QUIK WAS INVENTED. B-Quik fix flats for free as a loss-leader. Somchai needs to charge so he can put food on the table.... or maybe it's laokhao that floats his boat.

It's too funny how the coffin dodgers here buy their Archa at the mom and pop stores, eschewing the bars they used to afford but when it comes to keeping the 15 year-old clunker on the road, they make a beeline for the western-style B-Quik. Sort of a balloon chase for farang, silver-haired drivers, no?

But this isn't about me paying a fair amount for time and labour at a roadside tire shop is it? It's about the OP being too stingy to pay a tenner for his brake check.

To stingy? you must get ripped off all the time . 400 baht is a hell of a lot just to check the brakes ,especially when most garages only charge half that to mend a flat ,lots more work .

On 6/20/2019 at 7:36 AM, ivor bigun said:

Considering that at another garage,i have had a puncture fixed and the wheel rebalanced and it only costs 250 baht ,having a quik check for 400 is excesive. But then if its ok by you,please use them. Up to you.

Did they also mention you needed5 new tyres 

8 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

To stingy? you must get ripped off all the time . 400 baht is a hell of a lot just to check the brakes ,especially when most garages only charge half that to mend a flat ,lots more work .

Not if they check the brakes PROPERLY. Most disk brakes have visible (and ultimately audible) wear indicators but the regular arse-end brake drums need some disassembly to PROPERLY assess wear.

14 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Not if they check the brakes PROPERLY. Most disk brakes have visible (and ultimately audible) wear indicators but the regular arse-end brake drums need some disassembly to PROPERLY assess wear.

I have disc brakes ,took him only minutes ,i checked as well,Cockpit will never get my business now or many of my friends who i warned ,also some people who have read this post , well done cockpit .all to rip off a few hundred baht .

3 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

I have disc brakes ,took him only minutes ,i checked as well,Cockpit will never get my business now or many of my friends who i warned ,also some people who have read this post , well done cockpit .all to rip off a few hundred baht .

I wanted to go there to buy tyres and won't They could sue you for defamation, they lost money because of you !

????

But thank you anyway ❤️

On 6/20/2019 at 9:21 AM, bert bloggs said:

Personally i think he was right to be upset ,400 baht or 10 quid to check ,they even check for free in many garages in the UK . vastly overpriced for Thailand where many workers only earn 300 baht an hour , mind you i often drive past cockpit and its never busy ,i can see why ,i will never use them now .

where is bquick?

300 baht an hour would be decent money for them. Guess you meant 300 baht per day.  

Archived