Out of province reporting

If I stay in a hotel in another province away from where I registered my tm30 on return some io require a new tm 30 some dont

If I don't do a new tm30 and it's picked up by the io will this be when I do my 90 day report or when I renew my extension of stay

Well, this is the big question. How far will each IO push the letter of the law as it stands? We are told by some IOs that it is only necessary to do a TM30 once for a particular address, others say every time you return to the Kingdom from overseas, others again that you must do one every time you stay away from your registered address. A wonderful ambiguity that allows for change at any time resulting in yet more fines.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, sniggie said:

Well, this is the big question. How far will each IO push the letter of the law as it stands? We are told by some IOs that it is only necessary to do a TM30 once for a particular address, others say every time you return to the Kingdom from overseas, others again that you must do one every time you stay away from your registered address. A wonderful ambiguity that allows for change at any time resulting in yet more fines.

If I got fined would it be at my 90 day report

Or when I next apply for renewing my extension

2 hours ago, phka said:

I really don't know. I did my 90 day this morning in Jomtien. The IO thumbed through my passport. When I got back to the Kingdom at the beginning of April I went straight down to do a TM30 for staying in my own condo so there was a report in my passport.  What would have happened if it had not been there I cannot say.   

9 hours ago, sniggie said:

Just another case of "This is Thailand".

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, phka said:

Usually the IO will not process your TM47 for your 90 day report unless your TM30 is up to date. Fine is usually 800bht for late reporting of your TM30, however not all Imm offices are on the same page yet, and interpretation of TM30 rules can change from office to office. But over the past 2 months the thumb screws are tightening.. 

• Like 1

Online reporting adds to the ambiguity and sometimes solves these issues. Report online or by mail, there will be no fines. There are various theories that a stay in a hotel would somehow change your residential address. I find it ridiculous as all the data in the system is online. Will make some testing soon as I will be staying in a hotel in a different province on a date when my 90d report is due for online reporting. Will find out if the system allows me to report 90d address, my home address, while staying in a hotel, will checking out the hotel solve the problem if any, or make a new TM30 online after returning home is an option, which I never do by the way. Only after entering the country again on a new TM6. 

In case you have no valid TM30 the immigration office is likely to refuse any/most service.