Good Omens petition demands Netflix cancel the show – even though it's on Amazon Prime

snoop1130

Good Omens petition demands Netflix cancel the show – even though it's on Amazon Prime

BY SAM WARNER

good-omens-david-tennant-michael-sheen-1-1551889271.jpg

SOPHIE MUTEVELIANAMAZON PRIME

The makers of a petition to get Amazon Prime's Good Omens cancelled probably should have done a bit more research before putting it up.

Christian group Return to Order's petition has slammed the show for what it describes as "another step to make Satanism appear normal, light and acceptable", and it has so far attracted more than 20,000 signatures.

However, it made the rather unfortunate error of addressing the page to Netflix, despite the series being on rival streaming service Amazon Prime. Awkward.

The page was originally titled 'Tell Netflix: Cancel Blasphemous Good Omens Series', though this has since been changed to Amazon.

Full Story: https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/a28129577/good-omens-petition-netflix-amazon-prime-cancel-show/

Just finished watching it. One of the best series they have had on. The problem for some people is that it asks them to think about the underlying concepts of their beliefs. For instance, it is the demon Crowwley who is shocked by the flood and can't understand why the priests want Christ executed for saying people should be nice to each other. The acting is superb and the effects are as good as you get. I doubt whether Amazon are worried about 20,000 people out there telling everyone about a series that they otherwise might not have heard about.

5 hours ago, alanrchase said:

I would like to thank Return to Order for highlighting the show. Sounds as if it is worth a watch.

Absolutely a worthwhile and good fun watch :)

5 hours ago, jjarmstrong said:

Just finished watching it. One of the best series they have had on. The problem for some people is that it asks them to think about the underlying concepts of their beliefs. For instance, it is the demon Crowwley who is shocked by the flood and can't understand why the priests want Christ executed for saying people should be nice to each other. The acting is superb and the effects are as good as you get. I doubt whether Amazon are worried about 20,000 people out there telling everyone about a series that they otherwise might not have heard about.

I agree wholeheartedly!

3 hours ago, Krataiboy said:

Bet it's a big hit with the devil-worshipping Skull and Bones set, not to mention Britain's child-sacrificing monarch!

Seeing is believing. . . 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:List_of_Satanists

I could not make any connection between the series and your post. I see it as a wonderfully done and hugely watchable comedy.

Archived