Visa on Arrival for Vietnam

I am form the UK I think I can get 15 days with the Visa-Exempt but I am not sure if I have to pay and if I need a onward ticket.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

To be safe get the e-visa just make sure you are on the official government website and not a travel agent. I'm not 100% sure so I can't advise.

Sent from my SM-J250F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

34 minutes ago, juice777 said:

I am form the UK I think I can get 15 days with the Visa-Exempt but I am not sure if I have to pay and if I need a onward ticket.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

As a British citizen you will receive 15 days visa exemption on arrival to Vietnam ... just need to show an onward/return flight ticket.

52 minutes ago, bumofdabeach said:

To be safe get the e-visa just make sure you are on the official government website and not a travel agent. I'm not 100% sure so I can't advise.

Sent from my SM-J250F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

This is the actual / official government site to get the e.visa certificate:

https://evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn/trang-chu-ttdt

- Open the site and click on the box on the left for Foreigners.

- Complete the simple form and add your photo and a photo of the main page of your passport. (If the photos you have are not the correct photo format you can easily find a site on the web which quickly converts photos to other formats and free.)

- Click Enter and then you will get the facility to pay on line (it's a once only payment, there is no further payment on arrival in VN.)

- About 48 - 72 hours later you will get an e-mail with an e-visa certificate attached.

- Print the certificate 2 copies.

- At the check-in to depart your country show a copy of the e-visa certificate. 

- On arrival in VN go direct to the actual passport lines. Don't go to the visa on arrival counter.

- Give the VN immigration officer your PP and a copy of the e-visa certificate, a very quick check on screen and your PP will be stamped, usually all done in 1 minute or less, now go to the baggage pick up area.

- Keep another printed copy of the e-visa certificate handy because sometimes the imm. officer will ask for it when you're departing VN.

So easy, good luck. 

Edited by scorecard

As others have said you as are a Brit can get one on arrival. No need to faff about getting one beforehand.

If you are from OZ (don't ask me why) but you CANT get one on arrival so have to get one via the internet. Just a heads up.

Have an OZ friend that got refused boarding even though he had a ticket till he obtained his Visa.

1 hour ago, Ajooma said:

As a British citizen you will receive 15 days visa exemption on arrival to Vietnam ... just need to show an onward/return flight ticket.

Although I did get a Vietnam visa exempt without an onward flight

On 6/28/2019 at 10:02 AM, Ajooma said:

Correct. I flew Yangon to HCMC last Sunday. No visa or payment needed if you are there for less than 15 days. Just show your flight ticket out as proof that you are leaving within the 15 days.

On 6/28/2019 at 11:47 AM, fredob43 said:

As others have said you as are a Brit can get one on arrival. No need to faff about getting one beforehand.

If you are from OZ (don't ask me why) but you CANT get one on arrival so have to get one via the internet. Just a heads up.

Have an OZ friend that got refused boarding even though he had a ticket till he obtained his Visa.

"As others have said you as are a Brit can get one on arrival. No need to faff about getting one beforehand."

True and to get the visa you get off the flight and go to the 'VISA ON ARRIVAL' desk.

The possible downside is that several full flights have arrived just before yours so the line is very long and it takes quite a while to get the visa sticker and then you have to go to the actual passport lines and get your passport stamped.

If you do it on line (less than 3 or 4 minutes to complete and submit and fairly quickly, often less than 48 hours, get your e-visa certificate by e-mail), you just get off the flight and go direct to the actual passport queues.

• 1 month later...
On 6/29/2019 at 12:23 PM, Phuketshrew said:

Correct. I flew Yangon to HCMC last Sunday. No visa or payment needed if you are there for less than 15 days. Just show your flight ticket out as proof that you are leaving within the 15 days.

Sorry, I'm a bit late to this thread. I might be going to Vietnam for 4 days this year. From what I've read on Vietnamese embassy website, and here, I *think* I just land and that's it? - I'm on a UK passport.

There seem to be 3 distinct possibilities, just like Thailand;

1. Visa exempt

2. Visa on arrival

3. Visa obtained prior to travelling

I hope I'm in the first group. In which case, on arrival, I go straight to the passport queue, not 'obtain visa on arrival' as some are mentioning on here?

Also, my wife is Thai, can anyone confirm she can enter without a visa, as an Asean citizen? 

Thanks.

Oh, I forgot to ask - no mention of insurance requirements or showing a particular amount of cash (at the moment)?

Edited by RickBlaine
brain fade.

1 minute ago, RickBlaine said:

Sorry, I'm a bit late to this thread. I might be going to Vietnam for 4 days this year. From what I've read on Vietnamese embassy website, and here, I *think* I just land and that's it? - I'm on a UK passport.

There seem to be 3 distinct possibilities, just like Thailand;

1. Visa exempt

2. Visa on arrival

3. Visa obtained prior to travelling

I hope I'm in the first group. In which case, on arrival, I go straight to the passport queue, not 'obtain visa on arrival' as some are mentioning on here?

Also, my wife is Thai, can anyone confirm she can enter without a visa, as an Asean citizen? 

Thanks.

You will be visa exempt for 15 days.

make sure you can produce return flight details.