ripoff report (bill padding) on SOI 6

Pattayabeerbacon

10 hours ago, Thailand said:

Scandalous, thank goodness prostitution has been wiped out at least.

Since prostitution was finally eliminated from Pattaya 2 weeks ago, the bars try to compensate by using all kind of scams. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Zikomat said:

Since prostitution was finally eliminated from Pattaya 2 weeks ago, the bars try to compensate by using all kind of scams. 

Didn't you hear the news... although it was reported that prostitution was missing and nowhere to be found in Pattaya... they found it again... on Soi 6

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, DoktorC said:

Didn't you hear the news... although it was reported that prostitution was missing and nowhere to be found in Pattaya... they found it again... on Soi 6

Right where they'd left it! ????  (Thank goodness)

Edited by VBF
  • Haha 1

Soi 6???!!! Say it ain't so! I'm shocked. I live on Soi 5 and never knew such things happen only one street away?

HAHAHA. Let me give you a little advice. Only drink at bars that give you a running total bill and check that total after every drink.

6 hours ago, Number 6 said:

I don't frequent bars much anymore, especially these sorts. Not been to Pattaya in a decade but I don't recall bottles being stacked on my table. The fresh one comes and the empty goes back.

Shows how little I know about those sorts of bars too!

I remember in the Philippines that they used to put an empty crate under your table and you put your empty bottles directly into that. It certainly avoided any arguments at the end of the evening, though of course a beer was under 10B (equiv.) anyway, and a "lady drink" was just a beer drunk by a lady.

It does make you wonder at the sheer insouciance of the Thai bar staff, when the expat community is, as a solid, united, informed and intelligent, agreeable body,  holding up the Thai economy manfully, and their gratitude deserts them so they nick........

Twelve quid.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I lived there for 9 yrs, dont recall it ever happening to me.

Very rarely did I ever have more than 1-2 in the same place.

The entire area goes further n further down every year, thats why I left after 9 yrs.

Easy way to make sure it never happens again......never run a bin

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, corner bar said:

Firstly being the gaffer of soi 6 corner bar, i hope admin allow a short reply to this, i take customer satisfaction and fairness very seriously and would welcome the op back to the bar, i am in the bar on a daily basis and have a duty manager, i have had the bar for 13 years and watch everything as much as you can, i know most of the regular customers on first name terms, i know the girls also many been with me for around 10 years, so this i find hard to believe, although it is thailand and im not daft so not saying it didnt happen as im old enough to know different, i haven't had a case like this for years and automatically the staff responsible and always a new member are dismissed, although i would be very interested in finding out more, i do have cctv system and electronic tills so EVERYONE who orders a drink gets the bill on the table which is all electronic and gives out exact time who served etc, so i dont understand the payg system you refer to, if that had happen on our till system it would be there in front of you, ie it would say 5 x san miquel light, nd 1 lipo? which is to be fair not what ya average girls drink anyways, sounds like a group of lads, you hand the bill you already know the amount its all clearly printed and money to the girl it cannot be added to?? we dont write hand written bills at all and havent for around 8 years so this cuts out any arguments that i have been subjected to in other establiments, for those reasons, posts such as these can be very damaging to a bar or indeed any business and anyone that knows me knows its not how we operate, ya dont get anywhere like that.

to sum up i really havent got a clue what has happened to you or where, but it dosnt sound like my bar which is mentioned above numerous times either way if you want call in im more than happy look into it and deal with it if indeed the problem is ours, Many thanks to the op and admin and readers.

chris.

I'm sure you are a decent and honorable man but my Mama, god rest her soul, taught me that capital letters, punctuation and paragraphs are a courtesy the writer pays to the reader and Mama said to always look with suspicion upon a man who declines to offer that courtesy.  Just kidding......... 

• Haha 2

59 minutes ago, corner bar said:

Firstly being the gaffer of soi 6 corner bar, i hope admin allow a short reply to this, i take customer satisfaction and fairness very seriously and would welcome the op back to the bar, i am in the bar on a daily basis and have a duty manager, i have had the bar for 13 years and watch everything as much as you can, i know most of the regular customers on first name terms, i know the girls also many been with me for around 10 years, so this i find hard to believe, although it is thailand and im not daft so not saying it didnt happen as im old enough to know different, i haven't had a case like this for years and automatically the staff responsible and always a new member are dismissed, although i would be very interested in finding out more, i do have cctv system and electronic tills so EVERYONE who orders a drink gets the bill on the table which is all electronic and gives out exact time who served etc, so i dont understand the payg system you refer to, if that had happen on our till system it would be there in front of you, ie it would say 5 x san miquel light, nd 1 lipo? which is to be fair not what ya average girls drink anyways, sounds like a group of lads, you hand the bill you already know the amount its all clearly printed and money to the girl it cannot be added to?? we dont write hand written bills at all and havent for around 8 years so this cuts out any arguments that i have been subjected to in other establiments, for those reasons, posts such as these can be very damaging to a bar or indeed any business and anyone that knows me knows its not how we operate, ya dont get anywhere like that.

to sum up i really havent got a clue what has happened to you or where, but it dosnt sound like my bar which is mentioned above numerous times either way if you want call in im more than happy look into it and deal with it if indeed the problem is ours, Many thanks to the op and admin and readers.

chris.

does your work permit say "gaffer" on it?  Just askin

• Like 1

1 hour ago, corner bar said:

chris.

Was alone that day as usual i Ordered one beer, Payed cash up front .

second beer i went to pay cash and all over a sudden this 500 THB bill was sitting there in my name.

I never run tabs for this reason, I always pay for my drink as it hits the palm of my hand, Never been bill padded in a decade of traveling in south east asia untill that day.

Edited by Pattayabeerbacon

1 hour ago, corner bar said:

i do have cctv system and electronic tills so EVERYONE who orders a drink gets the bill on the table which is all electronic and gives out exact time who served etc, so i dont understand the payg system you refer to, if that had happen on our till system it would be there in front of you, ie it would say 5 x san miquel light, nd 1 lipo? which is to be fair not what ya average girls drink anyways, sounds like a group of lads, you hand the bill you already know the amount its all clearly printed and money to the girl it cannot be added to?? we dont write hand written bills at all and havent for around 8 years so this cuts out any arguments

Here is something you may not have considered:

Your staff dont ring up the sale on your POS machine at all but just make a hand-written bill from their own pad and present it to the customer for payment, which they pocket. If your stock control is really tight they can make up the shortfall just by adding bottles bought from outside.

Or:

Your staff do ring up the real sale and the POS machine spits out a printed bill but the staff just write out another bill by hand for extra items and present it to the customer, many of whom will pay up without a murmur (as indeed the OP did). If anyone does complain the staff can just "find" the real receipt and apologise. The staff put the correct amount into the till and pocket the difference. No stock control problems.

OK, for that to work they would need a stupid or lazy or absent (or crooked) manager, and/or a stupid or lazy or absent owner, but all are quite possible here.

As for staff of long-standing being more trustworthy, in my experience (limited to condo building staff, admittedly) they dont seem to care much about that sort of thing. I have seen both the scams I described above happening in condo buildings here.

Edited by KittenKong

29 minutes ago, Pattayabeerbacon said:

Was alone that day as usual i Ordered one beer, Payed cash up front .

second beer i went to pay cash and all over a sudden this 500 THB bill was sitting there in my name.

I never run tabs for this reason, I always pay for my drink as it hits the palm of my hand, Never been bill padded in a decade of traveling in south east asia untill that day.

Why dont you go in and see Chris and look at the CCTV with him. That can clear it all up for him.

Chris is a good man and i have never heard of people having any trouble in their before.

1 minute ago, KittenKong said:

Here is something you may not have considered:

Your staff dont ring up the sale on your POS machine at all but just make a hand-written bill from their own pad and present it to the customer for payment, which they pocket. If your stock control is really tight they can make up the shortfall just by adding bottles bought from outside.

Or:

Your staff do ring up the real sale and the POS machine spits out a printed bill but the staff just write out another bill by hand for extra items and present it to the customer, many of whom will pay up without a murmur (as indeed the OP did). If anyone does complain the staff can just "find" the real receipt and apologise. The staff put the correct amount into the till and pocket the difference. No stock control problems.

OK, for that to work they would need a stupid or lazy or absent manager, and/or a stupid or lazy or absent owner, but all are quite possible here.

As for staff of long-standing being more trustworthy, in my experience (limited to condo building staff, admittedly) they dont seem to care much about that sort of thing. I have seen both the scams I described above happening in condo buildings here.

You think someone who has been running one of the most popular bars on Soi 6 for well over a decade has never considered or thought of the above possibilities?

Just now, smutcakes said:

You think someone who has been running one of the most popular bars on Soi 6 for well over a decade has never considered or thought of the above possibilities?

I dont know and I dont care. I have seen some very smart people being taken in by that sort of scam here, and I have also seen some very stupid people running bars here, even for a long time.

It was just a suggestion of something that he might like to consider. It makes no difference to me whether he does or not as I certainly will never be setting foot in his bar or indeed any other.

• Like 1

On 6/29/2019 at 12:52 AM, KittenKong said:

Shows how little I know about those sorts of bars too!

I remember in the Philippines that they used to put an empty crate under your table and you put your empty bottles directly into that. It certainly avoided any arguments at the end of the evening, though of course a beer was under 10B (equiv.) anyway, and a "lady drink" was just a beer drunk by a lady.

Well, that's the Philippines not Thailand. Might as well compare it to Mexico.

I lived in central Pattaya for five years from 2003-2009 nine months a year. I'd also visited often during low season 2001-2003.

I can't recall ever seeing bottles stacked on any table. It's just not service minded. Now, if you ask them to leave the bottles, I'm sure they will but it's not SoP. Not in Thailand.

• Like 1

Pattaya's sell by date was 2006. Anyone there after that has no life. It took me a few years to get my act together and move on but at that point I was only spending the low season there. 

Pot of boiled frogs

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

Pattaya's sell by date was 2006. Anyone there after that has no life. It took me a few years to get my act together and move on but at that point I was only spending the low season there. 

Pot of boiled frogs

And you say a lot worse about your home country the UK and other places/people.

But, good you got your "act together" as you say and spend your time now in uh India.  Way to go...

• Haha 2

Gotta feel slightly sorry for this group who opened something like 20 bars on Soi 6. Must be savagely effecting the returns with Sterling Euro Aussie and New Zealand Dollar at horrendous levels who probably account for 90-95% plus of traditional visitors

1 hour ago, Chivas said:

Gotta feel slightly sorry for this group who opened something like 20 bars on Soi 6. Must be savagely effecting the returns with Sterling Euro Aussie and New Zealand Dollar at horrendous levels who probably account for 90-95% plus of traditional visitors

Please in laymans terms.

20 minutes ago, Pattayabeerbacon said:

Please in laymans terms.

He is saying the baht is very strong so farang punters are fewer and are spending less. These bars rely on farang punters. Thus, the owners, having laid out a lot of capital investment, are not getting the revenue and profits they expected.

Edited by Briggsy

subconsciously

49 minutes ago, Briggsy said:

He is saying the baht is very strong so farang punters are fewer and are spending less. These bars rely on farang punters. Thus, the owners, having laid out a lot of capital investment, are not getting the revenue and profits they expected.

If you think its bad now then wait for a year or two, That big comeback everyone is subconciously waiting for is never gonna come, Thais know this 100% They are just taking what they can, While they can.....

Edited by Pattayabeerbacon

47 minutes ago, Pattayabeerbacon said:

subconsciously

If you think its bad now then wait for a year or two, That big comeback everyone is subconciously waiting for is never gonna come, Thais know this 100% They are just taking what they can, While they can.....

Nope, luckily nothing last forever and today's strong thb will not be an exception - it's just a matter of time - The history will repeat itself and that is exactly what makes the world go around … :thumbsup:

Edited by ttrd