Langkawai Anyone lived there long term?

Olmate

On 6/29/2019 at 2:26 PM, ubonjoe said:

There is no retirement forum. But many topics about other options for retirement  have been discussed in the pub/epat life forum.

Moved to there.

Damned if I can find it. How about if you move a topic, you post a link to it at the same time and place please. I'd very much like to read it!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ponlamai said:

Damned if I can find it. How about if you move a topic, you post a link to it at the same time and place please. I'd very much like to read it!

Hmmm...... I think you will find that you are already there !

• Haha 2

I hope you have spent enough time in Langkawi to make sure that it suits you - after 7 days there a couple of years ago I was tearing my hair out, and this coming from someone who lives in a tiny Isaan village.

OP probably meant Langkawi, in Malaysia. Actually M2H (Penang)  would be a good backup plan in a few years time, if things here got as bad as one can now expect. Leave my family here, and get repeat Non OA with an official residence in Penang..

7 minutes ago, KiChakayan said:

OP probably meant Langkawi, in Malaysia. Actually M2H (Penang)  would be a good backup plan in a few years time, if things here got as bad as one can now expect. Leave my family here, and get repeat Non OA with an official residence in Penang..

I'd rather join the famous Pattaya Flying Club than live in Penang, but I suppose everyone is different. Malaysia for me is about as exciting as a bowl of cold rice. It's cheap, it gets the job done but just so incredibly boring!

Edited by SteveK
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, SteveK said:

I'd rather join the famous Pattaya Flying Club than live in Penang, but I suppose everyone is different. Malaysia for me is about as exciting as a bowl of cold rice. It's cheap, it gets the job done but just so incredibly boring!

Thanks all for the replies,think I may have to reconsider

17 hours ago, SteveK said:

Never been bored for a minute in Penang and I visit at least 3 times a year. Living there would not appeal however. Lang Kwai is beautiful to visit but not more than a few days