Loei teacher accused of fondling boys

webfact

Loei teacher accused of fondling boys

By Boonchu Sritraipop 
The Nation

ff.jpg

FILE photo//Google maps

Parents in Loei province have accused a male teacher of sexually harassing their sons at Loeipittayakom School, one of the best-known educational institutes in the northeastern province.

The teacher, named by the parents but whose identity has been withheld here pending further developments, has not yet directly responded to the allegations, but local people say he has settled such complaints out of court several times before.

“He caressed me,” a 15-year-old student complained on Sunday, “and he whispered in my ear, asking me to have a tryst with him.”

The student said he was not the only victim and that “many” other boys had been harassed.

The boy’s mother said the teacher had touched her son’s genitals. “That’s not appropriate.”

She said the parents would tolerate his behaviour no longer and were together demanding his transfer.

“We will file a complaint with the Loei governor on Tuesday, as well as with the chief of the Secondary Educational Service Area 19,” she said.

If he isn’t transferred, she said, the parents would consider taking the matter to the police.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/national/30372003

thenation_logo.jpg

One of the schools had helped supervise had a male (Thai) teacher who was a little over friendly to the boys.   Several of the boys had complained to me.   Since I had no supervisory responsibility, I told them to talk to the Principal, but they didn't dare.   I spoke with the Principal, who was a very nice, understand person and she agreed to look into it.   I had a couple of the boys come in and meet with me and the Principal.   There had been no direct physical contact, nor anything that would quite stand up in a dismissal.   He was spoken to and given a warning.  

Eventually, of course, he made a proposition to one of the boys and was dismissed.  Since he was warned, his contract was terminated at semester break and he went to a nearby school.  

In this article it seems that there is a similar solution being offered, that he be transferred somewhere else. 

47 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Exactly, transferring is just geography, new school new victims... the guy should be out of the education system or in jail !

If he touched my son he'd be in hospital!

or in the ground.

• Like 2

One of the schools had helped supervise had a male (Thai) teacher who was a little over friendly to the boys.   Several of the boys had complained to me.   Since I had no supervisory responsibility, I told them to talk to the Principal, but they didn't dare.   I spoke with the Principal, who was a very nice, understand person and she agreed to look into it.   I had a couple of the boys come in and meet with me and the Principal.   There had been no direct physical contact, nor anything that would quite stand up in a dismissal.   He was spoken to and given a warning.  

Eventually, of course, he made a proposition to one of the boys and was dismissed.  Since he was warned, his contract was terminated at semester break and he went to a nearby school.  

In this article it seems that there is a similar solution being offered, that he be transferred somewhere else. 

Why move the problem on to another school - police and kick him out or throw him in jail ... Not pas on to other ...

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  • Thanks 1

Teacher suspended amid sexual harassment claims

By Boonchu Sritraipop 
The Nation

c6ad2f0912fbf262e6e68d658b9d0b7e.jpeg

School director looks into complaints from parents.

A well-known school in the northeastern province of Loei has suspended a maths teacher for three days over allegations that he sexually harassed schoolboys.

Loeipittayakom School has also launched an investigation against the accused teacher, who has been named publicly by parents but whose identity is being withheld here pending further developments in the case.

Many parents say the man often fondled their sons and one mother said: “My son has ended up becoming worried about going to school. He is worried he will be abused.”

She vowed to join several parents in filing a complaint against the man on Tuesday with all the relevant authorities.

Trump steps into North Korea, in historic first - The Nation

Loeipittayakom schools director Tawat Moonmuang said the accused teacher had been suspended from taking classes and interacting with students for three days.

“I have assigned someone else to take his place,” Tawat said, "This is a preventative measure to ensure that there are no more victims”.

He said he had tried to contact the man by phone but his call had not been answered.

Tawat said he planned to talk with parents and students involved in the case in order to gather more information.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/national/30372070

thenation_logo.jpg

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, webfact said:

The boy’s mother said the teacher had touched her son’s genitals. “That’s not appropriate.”

Strong language that.  I'm sure the groping professor has a Mai Pen Rai speech already prepared.  Here is my speech, and 1000b.  I won't do it again.

1 hour ago, webfact said:

Teacher suspended amid sexual harassment claims

By Boonchu Sritraipop 
The Nation

c6ad2f0912fbf262e6e68d658b9d0b7e.jpeg

School director looks into complaints from parents.

A well-known school in the northeastern province of Loei has suspended a maths teacher for three days over allegations that he sexually harassed schoolboys.

Loeipittayakom School has also launched an investigation against the accused teacher, who has been named publicly by parents but whose identity is being withheld here pending further developments in the case.

Many parents say the man often fondled their sons and one mother said: “My son has ended up becoming worried about going to school. He is worried he will be abused.”

She vowed to join several parents in filing a complaint against the man on Tuesday with all the relevant authorities.

Loeipittayakom schools director Tawat Moonmuang said the accused teacher had been suspended from taking classes and interacting with students for three days.

“I have assigned someone else to take his place,” Tawat said, "This is a preventative measure to ensure that there are no more victims”.

He said he had tried to contact the man by phone but his call had not been answered.

Tawat said he planned to talk with parents and students involved in the case in order to gather more information.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/national/30372070

thenation_logo.jpg

How would you like to be one of the two men in this picture?

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, rvaviator said:

Why move the problem on to another school - police and kick him out or throw him in jail ... Not pas on to other ...

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I agree with you, but that's how it seems to work in Thailand.   The teacher I am referring to wasn't transferred, he was released and took a job at a nearby school.   The new school never made a call to get a reference on him.   My school never contacted them, but in all fairness, they had no way of knowing where he was going to work.

• Sad 1

14 hours ago, Geoffggi said:

If he isn’t transferred, she said, the parents would consider taking the matter to the police.

Yes transferred to jail & heavily fined .......

Dream on.  Suspended for 3 days , beyond belief. 

Welcome to the Kingdom.

Edited by elliss
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Scott said:

The teacher I am referring to wasn't transferred, he was released and took a job at a nearby school.   The new school never made a call to get a reference on him. 

Did you know about it , which school he went to next ?

Someone should have warned the school , this is serious allegations. and hiding the truth could mean a lot of victims would suffer for many years to come.  

Just now, balo said:

Did you know about it , which school he went to next ?

Someone should have warned the school , this is serious allegations. and hiding the truth could mean a lot of victims would suffer for many years to come.  

Our school had no idea where he went or what he was doing.   We only learned about his new job via word of mouth.   Although I agree with you concerning the potential danger, it's highly questionable whether you can go around making public warnings when a person has not been arrested or charged.  

I was not overly surprised to find him at a different school.   I think, however, the school administration thought he would return to a university setting.   He was educationally qualified for a much more impressive teaching career than high school level.   I suspect his interest in remaining in mathyom level teaching is for reasons other than his desire to teach.  

15 hours ago, webfact said:

ha???

3 hours ago, Scott said:

Although I agree with you concerning the potential danger, it's highly questionable whether you can go around making public warnings when a person has not been arrested or charged. 

This to me has always been the big issue in cases like this, when the potentially guilty person hasn't been arrested or charged.

These are serious allegations against anyone and should certainly, in all cases be investigated. If the person is found guilty, they should be arrested and charged and not able to hide inside the education system where they could pose a threat to minors.

That would be ridiculous, in any country. Yet, it seems to be the common course of action here.

• Like 1