Lone man robs Korat 7-Eleven shop of Bt2 million, inside job suspected

webfact

Lone man robs Korat 7-Eleven shop of Bt2 million, inside job suspected

By The Nation

562000006441402.jpg

Picture: Manager

A lone man robbed a 7-Eleven shop in Nakhon Ratchasima’s Muang district early on Monday and made off with Bt2 million in cash in what police believe was an inside job.

The Jor Hor police station was alerted at 2.28am that a 7-Eleven shop in the Ban Pho community in Tambon Bn Pho had been robbed of cash.

Security-camera footage from inside the shop shows a man wearing a full-sized helmet walking into the shop while there three staff were inside. The robber pretended to buy a pack of cigarettes but then pulled out a foot-long knife to threaten a female cashier into leaving the counter.

The video showed him walking behind the counter and picking up a key to open the safe, from which he removed the Bt2 million in cash, stuffed it into his bag and fled on his motorcycle.

The whose process took just two minutes.

Nakhon Ratchasima deputy police chief Pol Colonel Pawarit Boonsutthi said the robber apparently knew the shop routines and how to avoid the security camera. He said police would interrogate staff of the shop for more clues.

Pol Colonel Kitti Saengsiriwut, commander of the Jor Hor police station, said he interviewed the shop manager and learned the cash from weekend sales was kept in the safe before being deposited to a bank on Monday.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30372062

thenation_logo.jpg

First question, what the hell were the safe keys doing just lying there?

Surely only the shop manager would have access to the safe keys, definately an inside job.

Police should check the managers financial affairs.

7-11's in the US have signs outside saying no more than xxxx* in cash

on the premises,to deter robbers,here keep 2 million in a safe with

keys been so handy,go to the suspects mother's house,that's usually

where they  head,           *not sure now how much it was.

regards worgeordie

I live in Korat I wonder which 7-Eleven it was on what street. I never realized they kept that much cash on hand without calling an armored car. I’ve seen the big safes in there before though

17 minutes ago, Mel52 said:

I live in Korat I wonder which 7-Eleven it was on what street. I never realized they kept that much cash on hand without calling an armored car. I’ve seen the big safes in there before though

20 hours ago, webfact said:

The Jor Hor police station was alerted at 2.28am that a 7-Eleven shop in the Ban Pho community in Tambon Bn Pho had been robbed of cash.

Wifey reckons its off the Khon Kaen road.

As with banks, I thought it was CP 7/11 policy not to 'serve' people who enter the shop wearing full-face helmets and or visors. Was his escape motorcy outside in view of the CCTV. Oh, silly me the CCTV doesn't work for inside jobs

7 minutes ago, PETERTHEEATER said:

As with banks, I thought it was CP 7/11 policy not to 'serve' people who enter the shop wearing full-face helmets and or visors. Was his escape motorcy outside in view of the CCTV. Oh, silly me the CCTV doesn't work for inside jobs

Yeah that is the only time Thais wear helmet

Ex-female worker arrested for allegedly robbing Korat 7-Eleven shop of Bt2.3 million

By The Nation

800_837401af7d9d1ad.jpg?v=1562126830

Woman ex-employee arrested over smooth 7-Eleven heist

Police have arrested a former female 7-Eleven shop staff member in Nakhon Ratchasima’s Muang district for allegedly robbing the shop of Bt2.3 million in cash.

Police arrested Rojana Chongklang, 25, who used to work at a 7-Eleven shop in Ban Pho community in Tambon Ban Pho, at her house on Tuesday, about 36 hours after the robbery.

Police said Rojana worked at the shop for 10 years but was fired late last year.

Officers found most of the missing cash hidden in a cesspool at her house in Ban Dan Khon Khob village, about 15 kilometres from the robbed shop.

She had allegedly spent some of the money and was planning to flee to South Korea.

Police said she robbed the shop due to a debt of several hundreds of thousands of baht.

The investigative team of the Jor Hor police station is still interrogating 12 of the shop’s staff, one at a time, to check for possible clues that the alleged robber was helped by insiders, given how easy it was for her to leave with a large haul of cash from the safe box.

The robbery took place early on Monday. The shop manager said that the safe contained a lot of money from weekend sales, and is sent to the bank during office hours on Monday.

Earlier, it was reported that the robber was a man in a full-size crash helmet and carrying a long knife.

Pol Maj-General Thakoon Nattheesi, deputy commissioner of the Provincial Police Bureau 3, said the force is still checking whether Rojana had an accomplice.

Source: http://www.nationthailand.com/news/30372205

logo2.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand  2019-07-03

12 minutes ago, webfact said:

She had allegedly spent some of the money and was planning to flee to South Korea.

note to self. first get passport, book flight and then go to airport immediately after 2 mil baht heist.

and go somewhere cheaper.

Found most of the money in a cesspool at her house !   These people are numbskulls.   If you were planning a robbery like this would you not already have also planned your escape before anyone could come looking for you as an ex shop employee ?    No need to think about South Korea, just hop across any border with all due haste.

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Ex-female worker arrested for allegedly robbing Korat 7-Eleven shop of Bt2.3 million

By The Nation

800_837401af7d9d1ad.jpg?v=1562126830

Woman ex-employee arrested over smooth 7-Eleven heist

Police have arrested a former female 7-Eleven shop staff member in Nakhon Ratchasima’s Muang district for allegedly robbing the shop of Bt2.3 million in cash.

Police arrested Rojana Chongklang, 25, who used to work at a 7-Eleven shop in Ban Pho community in Tambon Ban Pho, at her house on Tuesday, about 36 hours after the robbery.

Police said Rojana worked at the shop for 10 years but was fired late last year.

Officers found most of the missing cash hidden in a cesspool at her house in Ban Dan Khon Khob village, about 15 kilometres from the robbed shop.

Police said she robbed the shop due to a debt of several hundreds of thousands of baht.

The investigative team of the Jor Hor police station is still interrogating 12 of the shop’s staff, one at a time, to check for possible clues that the alleged robber was helped by insiders, given how easy it was for her to leave with a large haul of cash from the safe box.

The robbery took place early on Monday. The shop manager said that the safe contained a lot of money from weekend sales, and is sent to the bank during office hours on Monday.

Earlier, it was reported that the robber was a man in a full-size crash helmet and carrying a long knife.

Pol Maj-General Thakoon Nattheesi, deputy commissioner of the Provincial Police Bureau 3, said the force is still checking whether Rojana had an accomplice.

Source: http://www.nationthailand.com/news/30372205

logo2.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand  2019-07-03

First it was 2 million now 2.3 !!

On 7/2/2019 at 8:36 AM, 30la said:

2 millions? Why is there so much money in the cashier? Perhaps the takings of the last hours!

It was not in the cashier register it was in a safe below the counter.... but that does beg the question why is the safe there and not located somewhere safer.

Archived