TM 30 workaround

Would booking a couple nights at a hotel (lets say a cheap dorm) right around the time of my 30 day tourist visa extension (and writing this address on extension form), be a way to workaround the TM 30 procedure (i am currently living in a house)? 

48 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

That would work as long as the hotel does the report. Be prepared to show a receipt for the hotel.

So how does this work exactly? Immigration get some kind of daily update on foreigners staying at hotels, and have a database of all that/those persons? How am i supposed to know if the hotel does the report or not? Have people been denied a visa extension on such basis (hotel not having reported a guest)?

Are people really asked to show a hotel receipt? Is that a listed requirement for a visa extension? Cheap hotels and guest houses rarely give any kind of receipt here in thailand. Also, a receipt would only show past hotel stays, which is not necessarily current hotel stay (could have changed hotel on day of extension). If so, would a screenshot of the booking on a tablet suffice?

Edited by 3stan