U.S. Navy SEAL acquitted of murder in war crimes trial

webfact

3 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

Yes we must protect the rights of terrorists who murder men, women and children brutally and often video it for their pleasure; and enslave girls for sexual and other purposes.

If you ever get caught by a terrorist organization you might change your mind. 

Do you mean I might change into a cold-blooded murderer?  Of course I would do whatever it takes to escape and survive, but to slaughter someone who was confined and no longer a threat?  Nah. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Mel52 said:

I know there’s no point in arguing with morons online because it doesn’t matter what you say no matter how logical it is they’re just gonna believe what ever they want based on their preconceived notions of what they think happens in combat most of these people would be on the floor crying if they ever even heard a shot close to them

"He has been lied to so many times he doesn't know the truth when he hears it"...almost makes me feel a little sorry for the guy until I realize he doesn't want to change even if you could with or without help.

13ca533682d59c448ef54a1c24a2d3f0.jpg

24 minutes ago, Mel52 said:

Uhhhm yeah ok doesn’t make sense but ok.

Holiday Inn applied the comment in a commercial only for it to become a joke applied to arrogant people who feel they invented humanity.   People watch National Geographic science and now they believe they sit beside god making decisions. 

Edited by mike787

Mate, do you think you could make this the top line in future because you dont half ramble on and repeat yourself ad nauseum, It must be all that enriched uranium and chemical stuff you leave all over your playgrounds on your murder, sorry, combat missions against hapless peasants, sorry I mean enemies.

As for this Gallagher feller, he's a disgusting example of the vicious bullies deployed by America, who go through a thorough dehumanising process before being released with deadly and pernicious weapons that are still killing 50 years after deployment. Laos, Vietnam and Cambodia anyone? Little close to home hey?

Yes, I am ex-Army and no, we face our responsibilties.

Mate do you think you could learn how to write so the rest of us could understand you?? Seriously [emoji23]

• Like 2

Mate, do you think you could make this the top line in future because you dont half ramble on and repeat yourself ad nauseum, It must be all that enriched uranium and chemical stuff you leave all over your playgrounds on your murder, sorry, combat missions against hapless peasants, sorry I mean enemies.

As for this Gallagher feller, he's a disgusting example of the vicious bullies deployed by America, who go through a thorough dehumanising process before being released with deadly and pernicious weapons that are still killing 50 years after deployment. Laos, Vietnam and Cambodia anyone? Little close to home hey?

Yes, I am ex-Army and no, we face our responsibilties.

I won’t tell you what I know the SAS was doing to prisoners in Iraq and I don’t care. Good for your country men. I wish we could have gotten away with what I saw the Brits doing in Iraq.
  • Like 2

Gallagher was on a ”murderspree” his own Troops turned him in. Very unusual they usually close ranks. Everyone knows he is guilty of more crimes Bottom line is an injured prisoner was killed, why didn’t they call a medic? Gallagher wasn’t acquitted because he is innocent the prosecution couldn’t prove their case. Worst part about this story is Trump and his acolytes reaction in the right-wing press and public. They just love the fact a Muslim was stabbed in the neck it makes them happy. War criminals to them are heroes.

Edited by Date Masamune
  • Like 1

Gallagher was on a ”murderspree” his own Troops turned him in. Very unusual they usually close ranks. Everyone knows he is guilty of more crimes Bottom line is an injured prisoner was killed, why didn’t they call a medic? Gallagher wasn’t acquitted because he is innocent the prosecution couldn’t prove their case. Worst part about this story is Trump and his acolytes reaction in the right-wing press and public. They just love the fact a Muslim was stabbed in the neck it makes them happy. War criminals to them are heroes.

WoW you know maybe someday soon he’ll have a rap music song written about him. Seriously there will be [emoji23].
  • Like 1

On 7/2/2019 at 9:37 PM, marko kok prong said:

So if he had been captured by Isis,they would have chopped his bloody head off,this 'victim' was a fighter for a manic death cult ,not an innocent civilian,anyway in combat you do what you have too and often have a split second to make a call,the fighter was injured,so he may well have put him out of his misery,all the pc crap being heaped on servicemen/women makes me sick.Watch some of Isis video's sick,crazed ,maniacs,i hope the Iraq courts who have sentenced these scum to death go through with it.

Gallagher was found NOT GUILTY , end of.

We do want to be better than them don’t we?   Fair is fair isn’t enough. 

Guilty or not the jury has spoken.  I do hope some of us seek the higher moral ground.  I also hope I’m not being too naive. 

12 hours ago, Mel52 said:

Yep it’s mostly sectarian violence Muslim against Muslim Sunni against Shiite or against the Kurds. Similar issues in Afghanistan tribal violence

So if they are killing each other..... that begs the question, Why are U.S. soldiers there? How have american forces changed the situation during the last 18 years?  A worthy goal to try and bring peace and/or  democracy to the area, but similar to Vietnam and communism... it is not happening. 

How many more young american lives will the Congress and Military leaders sitting in Washington D.C. (or a Holiday Inn) decide is enough .   

Feelings mutual. Thx.
I was there for 6 years.  
I must apologize on behalf of the ignorant ones, TVF does not screen for common sense.  Some people you just have to appreciate (I use that term loosely). Heck, even if you used a box of crayons to try and explain, sadly it won't help them understand.????
As for the selfie pic of the corpse, personally, I don't care what anyone does with remaining carbon, hydrogen, nitrogen, calcium, and phosphorus.  

Yes! I’m sure you won’t apologise for 1000,s civilians killed by alien forces in the country invaded

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Mel52 said:

WHOA MAN you must be an expert because if you heard it on TV it must be true right emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

That’s deep man. Some of us have actually been there without bias

Whilst the UN report likely has some errors it claims roughly 40% of civilian deaths and injuries were caused by forces fighting the Islamists. One would assume mostly by bombing, yet your response is sneering. 

If you really are an ex member of US Special Forces, do you sincerely think your posts are appropriate?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, wreckingcountry said:

Yes! I’m sure you won’t apologise for 1000,s civilians killed by alien forces in the country invaded

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Correct...NOT my problem. Collateral damage.  Wrong place, wrong time.   24/7/365 people are killed senselessly on Thai roads just like war - crap happens.  Nobody cares, nothing will change in Thailand nor in war...does that bother you?  It should; you are upset about civilians killed in war.  If you like, feel free to call my lawyer...

1508197_728934973792399_1084619848_n.jpg

Edited by mike787
  • Sad 1

Whilst the UN report likely has some errors it claims roughly 40% of civilian deaths and injuries were caused by forces fighting the Islamists. One would assume mostly by bombing, yet your response is sneering.   

If you really are an ex member of US Special Forces, do you sincerely think your posts are appropriate?

What do I know I only served for 21 years and I’ve actually been on 5 combat tours in both Iraq and Afghanistan I’ve actually been there and seen it with my eyes but what do I know. I get it everyone who’s never set foot over there always has an opinion but I honestly don’t care about anyone’s opinion about it I know what I know from personal experience.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Mel52 said:

What do I know I only served for 21 years and I’ve actually been on 5 combat tours in both Iraq and Afghanistan I’ve actually been there and seen it with my eyes but what do I know. I get it everyone who’s never set foot over there always has an opinion but I honestly don’t care about anyone’s opinion about it I know what I know from personal experience.

So you are claiming the UN report is false? There have been many reports over the years of  civilian deaths in Afghanistan as a result of NATO led military actions. Below is more detail on the UN report for a period when presumably you were not in Afghanistan, yet you are claiming it's wrong?

//www.dw.com/en/nato-afghan-forces-kill-more-civilians-than-taliban/a-48454671

Example of earlier period reports...

https://www.afghanistan-analysts.org/unama-documents-slight-decrease-in-civilian-casualties-indications-of-new-trends-in-the-afghan-war/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2016/11/03/nato-and-government-forces-are-increasingly-responsible-for-afghan-civilian-deaths/?utm_term=.53cfef08aa71

Do you really think your seemingly casual dismissal of civilian deaths is appropriate?

Edited by simple1

So you are claiming the UN report is false? There have been many reports over the years of  civilian deaths in Afghanistan as a result of NATO led military actions. Below is more detail on the UN report for a period when presumably you were not in Afghanistan, yet you are claiming it's wrong?

//www.dw.com/en/nato-afghan-forces-kill-more-civilians-than-taliban/a-48454671

Example of earlier period reports...

https://www.afghanistan-analysts.org/unama-documents-slight-decrease-in-civilian-casualties-indications-of-new-trends-in-the-afghan-war/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2016/11/03/nato-and-government-forces-are-increasingly-responsible-for-afghan-civilian-deaths/?utm_term=.53cfef08aa71

Do you really think your seemingly casual dismissal of civilian deaths is appropriate?

Well, apparently you’re the expert you tell me [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
  • Like 2

Have you ever thought why you you were sent there in the first place? American is in negotiations with the Taliban for terms that could have been had in the early 2000s. Thousands of Americans killed for nothing. Just like Vietnam. 18 years on most Afghanis have no idea why Americans are fighting in their country never will and will certainly NEVER care.

9 hours ago, Mel52 said:

Well, apparently you’re the expert you tell me emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

OK. thought maybe you could be interesting - bye

Edited by simple1

On ‎7‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 5:55 AM, simple1 said:

What are you saying? It's OK to stab in the neck an unarmed combatant and for your fellow medic then to 'put him out of his misery'? Is it OK to snipe & murder civilians? When one listens to US counterinsurgency leaders claim the foregoing actions only lead to further US deaths & bearing in mind Afghan military and civilian deaths at the hands of Islamists exceed US casualties by the tens of thousands, what say you?

No I am saying when the enemy has no rules, neither should we.  This is not war as the good old boys know it. There are NO civilians in Islam.

I know this is harsh but that is the reality. it really is a game of if you aren't with us, you are against us.

In the West we stand up, as you have, for perceived injustices. Within Islam is it passive agreement. Which is just as bad.

Edited by emptypockets
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, emptypockets said:

No I am saying when the enemy has no rules, neither should we.  This is not war as the good old boys know it. There are NO civilians in Islam.

I know this is harsh but that is the reality. it really is a game of if you aren't with us, you are against us.

In the West we stand up, as you have, for perceived. Within Islam is it passive agreement. Which is just as bad.

Nonsense. BTW on the no rules claim you counter military leaders,

24 minutes ago, simple1 said:

Nonsense. BTW on the no rules claim you counter military leaders,

Whatever. Manchester...where were the military leaders there. London Bridge? We are in a war that started a 1000 years ago. For our soldiers I say - go for it. Our apathy, inclusiveness and soul searching will be our downfall.

2 hours ago, emptypockets said:

Whatever. Manchester...where were the military leaders there. London Bridge? We are in a war that started a 1000 years ago. For our soldiers I say - go for it. Our apathy, inclusiveness and soul searching will be our downfall.

Both attacks you refer to were UK intelligence failures, nothing to do with the military.

Edited by simple1

13 hours ago, mike787 said:

Correct...NOT my problem. Collateral damage.  Wrong place, wrong time.   24/7/365 people are killed senselessly on Thai roads just like war - crap happens.  Nobody cares, nothing will change in Thailand nor in war...does that bother you?  It should; you are upset about civilians killed in war.  If you like, feel free to call my lawyer...

13 hours ago, mike787 said:

Am I not correct military and civilian leadership would not congratulate you on your POV. Leadership responsibility is to use best endeavours to avoid 'collateral damage', not act with indifference to civilian suffering. Are you saying they are lying to the general public?

5 hours ago, emptypockets said:

In the West we stand up, as you have, for perceived injustices. Within Islam is it passive agreement. Which is just as bad.

There are no civilians in Islam? The majority of Muslims are just as abhorred by ISIS as you are. To think otherwise is both ignorant and stupid.

The enemy has rules so neither should we? We have the Geneva Convention which separates the civilised from animals. Two wrongs don't make a right.

You're either with us or against us? Well if being with you involves condoning some brainless yooha slitting a badly injured prisoner's throat then posting pictures of the body and bragging about his animalistic deed on Facebook, I'm against you. It's a war crime, pure and simple.

The US army are famed for their war crimes, Mee Lai, Abu Ghraib, the use of naplalm to name but a few. Interestingly, they particularly favour war crimes against those who can't fight back.

Edited by petemoss
  • Like 1

There are no civilians in Islam? The majority of Muslims are just as abhorred by ISIS as you are. To think otherwise is both ignorant and stupid.

The enemy has rules so neither should we? We have the Geneva Convention which separates the civilised from animals. Two wrongs don't make a right.

You're either with us or against us? Well if being with you involves condoning some brainless yooha slitting a badly injured prisoner's throat then posting pictures of the body and bragging about his animalistic deed on Facebook, I'm against you. It's a war crime, pure and simple.

The US army are famed for their war crimes, Mee Lai, Abu Ghraib, the use of naplalm to name but a few. Interestingly, they particularly favour war crimes against those who can't fight back.

Matter of interest..what's your take on Blair..the imo sociopath and war criminal?

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app