Direct Deposit Account with Debit Card

marcusarelus

40 minutes ago, ianezy0 said:

Sorry Marcusarelus, I couldn’t resist it.

Actually I did receive a VISA debit card when I opened an account but that was 6 months ago at the KTB bank.

Cheers

I understand that.  My question was for anyone with a Bank Of Bangkok Direct Deposit account.

41 minutes ago, Jeffrey346 said:

The Main branch in KK said no cards for SS DD. You can open a regular account with a Debit Card and use that account number.

The odds that BBL catching it is slim. 

I suggest you just use another bank that does not have this rule..

Was going to transfer to my SCB account but don't want to deal with the changes in paperwork and the possibility of having it go wrong.  Let sleeping dogs lie and so on.  Be nice if Bangkok realized they might lose a bunch of business and changed.  

1 hour ago, soalbundy said:

SS rules ?

Yeah, soalbundy, that was my first thought too, but then as a SS recipient in Texas and my Son having a Direct Deposit account at Bangkok Bank for his USa social security payments in Thailand, I figured it out. Maybe, Marcusarelus, was trying to keep non-USa folks from responding. I found it easier to get my SS payments in Texas and transfer what I want to whom I want it.

i have a debit card visa for my deposit account  with 1.5% interest from siam commercial bank deposit 2 million baht interest jumpt to 1.7%

bangkokbank has  limitation for foreigners  they do not give same bonus benefit as to the thais

15 hours ago, marcusarelus said:

I understand that.  My question was for anyone with a Bank Of Bangkok Direct Deposit account.

saw this on another thread here :   

Can you still transfer money from USA to Bangkok Bank

On 7/2/2019 at 10:23 PM, chingmai331 said:

On 1 July i notified my USA bank to transfer funds to my Bangkok Bank USA account. Today, 3 July i received notice that these funds were successfully transferred to my CM Bangkok Bank account.

I had some thought that a 30 June deadline was in force for some actions. Apparently no change in policy.

I initiated an ACH transfer yesterday morning, 2 July Thai time (9:00PM, 1 July Texas time -- my bank is USAA). Received the money in my Thai account 24 hours later -- 10:00AM, 3 July Thai time.

No indication that USAA has switched to the IAT format. They certainly haven't asked for my physical address in Thailand, one of the data elements required for IAT. So I can only assume Bangkok Bank New York has extended the expiration time for ACH transfers.... 

I was told by you as social security in Manila, and by Bangkok Bank that these direct deposit for US Social Security must not have debit card mobile or Internet access. However you can transfer from this account to another regular savings account at Cetera. The reason is that if you are dead you’re tired girlfriend might continue with her on your Social Security, and Thailand and you as a have no mutual agreement to notify. I just get mine transferred to a US account and then use TransferWise to get my money.

28 minutes ago, flbkk said:

You have to go to Bangkok Bank every month to sign for your money, otherwise they will return it to US social security.

I've left mine in for 6 months no problem.  You are not correct.  I normally wait till I get 200K before I transfer.  Been doing this for 5 years.  

4 hours ago, Jeffrey346 said:

The Main branch in KK said no cards for SS DD. You can open a regular account with a Debit Card and use that account number.

The odds that BBL catching it is slim. 

I suggest you just use another bank that does not have this rule..

BKK Bank will not even allow me to transfer those funds electronically from the DD account to my regular Debit Card account.  Gotta show up in person.  If any other bank offers better services, I'll be gone.

36 minutes ago, flbkk said:

However you can transfer from this account to another regular savings account at Cetera.

How?  I was flat out told that I 'must' show up in person to receive the funds.

4 hours ago, flbkk said:

I was told by you as social security in Manila, and by Bangkok Bank that these direct deposit for US Social Security must not have debit card mobile or Internet access. However you can transfer from this account to another regular savings account at Cetera.

But you have to go to the bank to do the transfer.

I transfer mine to another Bangkok Bank Account.

21 hours ago, marcusarelus said:

Why do you care? I thought from your previous posts  you were dead set on moving back to USA rather than deal with all the changing immigration and banking rules here.

23 minutes ago, Tony125 said:

Why do you care? I thought from your previous posts  you were dead set on moving back to USA rather than deal with all the changing immigration and banking rules here.

Not at all.  You must be confusing me with someone else.  The only reason I'd leave is if I'm forced - like by mandatory health insurance (in excess of what I have now) that I can't get at my age.  

Archived