Reduce File Size Of PDF.

chiangrai

To cut a long story short I am applying for an online visa.

I have to upload the Photo page of my passport as a PDF.

I went to the  scanner shop.and got it scanned and put on a USB stick.

I went online and tried to upload it but they said the file size was too big.

It was 400kb and the maximum was 300kb.

How do I reduce the file size easily.I don't know how to use Paint or any of those programs.

The one thing I can think of is that when they scaned it they scanned they  scanned the photo

page and the opposite page as well.

If I asked them to just scan the photo page and not the opposite page would they be able to do that

and would that reduce the file size.

Or is there some thing else I can ask them to do to reduce the file size.

There's a lot of different ways to reduce the file size but you are starting off not with not knowing how to use basic programs, you could download a simple program to reduce file size "image resizer", you could "cut" the page you need or use a "snipping tool", or you could go back and scan a single page? You can use your phone to scan just the area you need also.

42 minutes ago, chiangrai said:

The one thing I can think of is that when they scaned it they scanned they  scanned the photo

page and the opposite page as well.

If I asked them to just scan the photo page and not the opposite page would they be able to do that

and would that reduce the file size.

Or is there some thing else I can ask them to do to reduce the file size.

Send it to me as a PM and I will do it for you.

I will even forego my usual fee as I am in a good mood today.

4 minutes ago, Kron said:

For a one off item why not use an online file resizer - https://online2pdf.com/reduce-pdf-file-size

The site is easy to navigate and will allow you to adjust the quality and or resolution of the image. Also allows converting the image to black and white which is a big size saving.

just not sure if the website could save a copy of your passport.  Not important stuff it works well.

6 minutes ago, BigT73 said:

just not sure if the website could save a copy of your passport.  Not important stuff it works well.

As with everything its a risk. I hate giving Immigration copies of my Bank records!

The site I referenced does state 

All uploaded files and data are treated as strictly confidential and are never disclosed to third parties. Uploaded files are immediately and automatically deleted after the conversion. Hence, they are only saved temporarily for the time of conversion. The converted files may be available up to 60 seconds after the conversion has finished to give the user the chance to download the converted files. No one else except the user has access to the converted files during this time. After that even these files will be definitely deleted and there is no way to access them any longer.

Archived