Thai brands urged to access malls on ‘booming’ cruise ships

webfact

Cruise ships have malls on board, said Nithima, providing tourists a shopping experience featuring all manner of branded and non-branded goods including clothes, bags, books, goods for children, souvenirs, perfume, chocolates, cosmetics and electronic gadgets. Some also boast art galleries on board.

But they cant boast a bar full of hookers yet Umm I have a export idea???? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bluespunk said:

A cruise to Machu Picchu?

As in the Inca fortress located at 2400 metres in the Andes mountains? 

As in the fortress that involves a 4 day hike on the Inca trail?

That’s some cruise ship...

It's the New Machu Picchu, built for Chinese tourists on Sukhumvit. They use the khlong boats for the cruises. Better than original, jingjing!

Having been involved in getting goods onto cruise ships, it's not easy, as there is limited store space and all products need to be in demand and easy to sell...and the ships take ridiculous % of sales.

The official makes some valid observations on why cruise ships are excellent outlets for selling goods, but I can't think of one Thai product that would even make the consideration list.

Good thinking....but every country and product in the world sees' the same opportunity. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

Cruise ships have malls on board, said Nithima, providing tourists a shopping experience featuring all manner of branded and non-branded goods including clothes, bags, books, goods for children, souvenirs, perfume, chocolates, cosmetics and electronic gadgets. Some also boast art galleries on board.

But they cant boast a bar full of hookers yet Umm I have a export idea???? 

The above list mentions all the things that are fake in Thailand. Yes, and hookers too !!

Genting, a Malaysian company, has cruise ships and started reservation gambling in the US.  Why can't Thai companies offer a cruise ?  Always amazed how boring and incapable the rich and powerful are in Thailand.   Maybe package a Thai restaurant?  Can't think of anything I miss about Thailand. 

Nithima Siriphokaki gets an A+ for stating the bleeding obvious. By the time you fly/container your Thai tatt to Miami, it's not going to be that cheap any more.

Edited by tompelli
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, yellowboat said:

Genting, a Malaysian company, has cruise ships and started reservation gambling in the US.  Why can't Thai companies offer a cruise ?  Always amazed how boring and incapable the rich and powerful are in Thailand.   Maybe package a Thai restaurant?  Can't think of anything I miss about Thailand. 

Thai boats have a habit of sinking and killing lots of passengers.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Don Mega said:

Thai boats have a habit of sinking and killing lots of passengers.

No - Those boats are Chinese - Built in illegal Cninese yards in Phuket and owned by Chinese Tour companies - - - -

19 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

A cruise to Machu Picchu?

As in the Inca fortress located at 2400 metres in the Andes mountains? 

As in the fortress that involves a 4 day hike on the Inca trail?

That’s some cruise ship...

Sounds like a job for Fitzcarraldo.

1 hour ago, Lenny Jones said:

No - Those boats are Chinese - Built in illegal Cninese yards in Phuket and owned by Chinese Tour companies - - - -

Built in Thailand, Thanks for the confirmation... I asume also carry Thai registration too.

Edited by Don Mega