Husband and Wife Falangs adopt Thai Child Non O?

Hi Everyone,

I am new to the site and hope that someone can help advise me.

Me and my wife (both British) want to adopt a Thai child. However she would like to care for the infant as a stay at home mum initially. (This is due to comments made by a Thai friend).

Is it possible to get a non-o for her as she will be caring for a Thai national? This is what 'Thailand Visa' says:

3.      A copy of passport or travel document

4.      Copy of Marriage Certificate, and Passport and Identity Card of the Applicant’s Thai spouse(Copies of documents must be signed by the Thai Spouse)  or Copy of Birth Certificate of

Applicant's Thai Child

5.      A Letter from the Applicant’s Thai spouse

6.      Bank statement (For Multiple Entry visa, applicant should show at least 6 months of bank statement with at least 100,000 Baht or that equivalent in other currencies) 

Obviously neither of us are Thai so  5 becomes a problem.

I don't mind being told no, but I always look to the wisdom of others who have been here far longer than myself.

Kind regards,

aSilentHex 

This is what the London Thai Embassy site says.

Non-Immigrant Type (Visiting or staying with applicant's family resided in Thailand (more than 60 days) - single entry only)

• Proof of relationship to a family in Thailand, e.g. a copy of marriage certificate / birth certificate / certificate of adoption
  • Personal details of a family in Thailand, e.g. ID card, Passport and the visa page or stay permit in Thailand
  • Proof of accommodation in Thailand e.g. hotel bookings, invitation letters from family/friends in Thailand
  • Financial evidence e.g. bank statements, proof of earnings, proof of sponsorship from a third party
  • Confirmation of legal residence in the UK or Ireland

I doubt it is possible to adopt a Thai child in Thailand

A friend tried once with his late brothers child, both parents died here

All sorts of barriers were in his way

The child must be brought up in a Buddhist family

Parents must speak and teach the child Thai

These were just a couple of the things preventing the adoption

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/5/2019 at 11:04 AM, fishtank said:

How old are you both and how would you be staying in Thailand. What Visa status?

29-30 years old. Currently both on Non-B working as teachers. As for staying in Thailand it would be for 5-10 years assuming everything was successful.

22 minutes ago, aSilentHex said:

29-30 years old. Currently both on Non-B working as teachers. As for staying in Thailand it would be for 5-10 years assuming everything was successful.

If you have 12 month extensions of stay based on teaching your Wife could get the same extension as you and stay home.

On 7/5/2019 at 6:19 AM, monkeycu said:

I doubt it is possible to adopt a Thai child in Thailand

Probably not for a Falang/Falang couple, but certainly for a Falang/Thai couple

• Like 1