Water Test at Khon Kaen University

MarcIssan

I have a bore hole well 47 meters deep and heard the university at Khon Kaen does water tests that report details of hardness, calcium, VOC's etc.  Does anyone know who to contact or how to get the test done? I am in Udon Thani. The test completed by the Pure store lacked any detail making it hard to configure a proper water filtering system.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

The folks at the government office you go for a "permit to drill a well" will be very familiar with the test price and who does this test. This office used to be called "Forestry" but now is called 

กระทรวงทรัพยากรธรรมชาติและสิ่งแวดล้อม

Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment

They have a web site. 

http://www.mnre.go.th/en/contact-us

It has served me well to get permits in Thailand. Not expense if you get the permit before an issue arises. 

Some folks do not get a drivers license. Some folks do not pay for a "permit to build". Some folks try to not pay the "sign tax" or "VAT tax payments at a small store or pub". Up to them, but it has saved me from paying "fees" if I had paperwork. 

I'll try to find out.  A friend in Buriram is going through that now and ended up at the Govt office..without a permit etc.  They told him if the water is too bad they will not issue a permit and suggest he not use the water.  Permits for a well is 500 bt for 5 years then 250 every 2 years thereafter.  Not bad. But they also asked for info on the driller and he said some guy in a truck.  I'll ask him more.  But the govt office arranged the test at the University in Korat and when the results come in he returns to the office to discuss the test results.  I'd rather just bypass the Govt if possible...too many questions. I just want water for dishes, laundry, and showers.

I recently did a double blind test between Sprinkle Water from Bangkok and the Udon bore hole tap water. Wife nor I could determine any difference at all between the two; color, taste, smell, hardness, palatability, etc. I am now drinking untested well water! ????

I’ll get some help to see if we can find any testing in Udon.

yes Khon Kaen University will do testing for you.  Go to the main office inside the campus and they will give you directions or hit the coffee shop they will know where to go.  I don't remember the costs its been years since i last did it.  When i got the results i got them all donuts and paid the bill. 

On 7/10/2019 at 7:10 AM, fishtank said:

Why on earth would you do that?

At the very least get yourself a counter top water filter for around 1,000 Baht.

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/uni-pure-28-u-uf-i264012689-s409125850.html?spm=a2o4m.searchlist.list.63.48a45906O3tROY&search=1

Once the new kitchen is complete, I will hook up my 3 canister water filter.

On 7/10/2019 at 7:45 AM, jimmyyy said:

yes Khon Kaen University will do testing for you.  Go to the main office inside the campus and they will give you directions or hit the coffee shop they will know where to go.  I don't remember the costs its been years since i last did it.  When i got the results i got them all donuts and paid the bill. 

I will take a trip down to Khon Khaen for some water testing!

thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived