Need advice on marital situation

OzFlyer

9 minutes ago, OzFlyer said:

Haha impossible. Married for 6 years, know every inch of her and remember the initial dating period as well. She's 30 now, met her when she was 22. I've had her at her best in her 20s.

A Thai guy had her when she was 14 15, you were 8 7 years past her best.

The couple I was remembering have been married 20 years ...... the Thai husband lives off the money from the American husband.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Haha 1

Just now, OzFlyer said:

Not a card player. To my knowledge dabbled in a Thai version of Bitcoin but nothing over the top from what I can see although I could be wrong there. Ok let's say she gambled 3MB on Bitcoin and lost everything. It still doesn't get close to around the 15MB mark.

She did run marketing events now and then which costed anywhere from 25000-80000B at a time. A few of those in a year......still doesn't get you to the magic number.

There's an awful stack of money gone on something.

Does anyone know how much is it to run a small rubber plantation? We're talking a tiny one....

I am thinking she "loaned" her family and friends the majority of that investor money and they spent it all and can't pay back. That's plausible.

Why would a sick person spent all that money when it wasn't meant to be spent? Trying to work out if she has a mental condition or it's purely ignornance and greed

9 minutes ago, OzFlyer said:

Not a card player. To my knowledge dabbled in a Thai version of Bitcoin but nothing over the top from what I can see although I could be wrong there. Ok let's say she gambled 3MB on Bitcoin and lost everything. It still doesn't get close to around the 15MB mark.

Highly unlikely she would have lost everything in Bitcoin , may have even made a profit .

What about online gambleing ?

Is she a gambling type of person, like doing the lottery and things ?

3 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

Highly unlikely she would have lost everything in Bitcoin , may have even made a profit .

What about online gambleing ?

Is she a gambling type of person, like doing the lottery and things ?

Just the national lottery that you pay 80B or whatever it is but only a handful of tickets. 

Not a gambler. Stays home most of the time when not at work.

3 minutes ago, mike787 said:

Save your life and leave or stay in hell with her...good luck.

Best case scenario for her = bankruptcy

Worst case = Locked up + bankruptcy

Bankruptcy is 100% inevitable a she's defaulted and the cops want to close her company.

I am already good to divorce on the grounds of fraud as she has already pled guilty to writing bounced cheques. Lawyer gave me the green light. "Small" matter of 2 kids though we have to work out and she isn't talking to me. I do want to get DNA testing on both kids as well before I do anything.

She's proven to be a liar but aren't most Thai girls liars anyway? In her case she had access to large amounts of money and investors were stupid enough to get conned by her ponzi scheme. On the surface she did a great job marketing the company and sucked them all in. Nobody does their due diligence in Thailand though? If you're handing over serious cash, wouldn't you want to see her bank accounts? I don't understand how business is done there. It's crazy

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OzFlyer said:

Best case scenario for her = bankruptcy

Worst case = Locked up + bankruptcy

Bankruptcy is 100% inevitable a she's defaulted and the cops want to close her company.

I am already good to divorce on the grounds of fraud as she has already pled guilty to writing bounced cheques. Lawyer gave me the green light. "Small" matter of 2 kids though we have to work out and she isn't talking to me. I do want to get DNA testing on both kids as well before I do anything.

Are you liable for 50 % of her debt, due to being married ?

15 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

Yet another concerning post by you about children/teenagers and sex

Seems to be a regular occurrence 

Many Thai ladies seem to have babies by age 15 ........... you must walk around with your eyes closed if you haven't noticed.

The police and the courts certainly don't seem that bothered about it.

4 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Many Thai ladies seem to have babies by age 15 ........... you must walk around with your eyes closed if you haven't noticed.

You are right. That chestnut "if you lock me up who is gonna look after my kids" doesn't hold water in Thailand.

Kids will be looked after by the grandparents or fellow villagers.

Cops don't take that into consideration much if at all.

Edited by OzFlyer
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Yes, its a subject that you seem to take a great interest in , talking about the legalities of having sex with youngsters , but this thread isnt about that subject and its off topic .

2 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

Yes, its a subject that you seem to take a great interest in , talking about the legalities of having sex with youngsters , but this thread isnt about that subject and its off topic .

Would point out you can marry a Thai girl when she's age 13.

Would point out Oz claiming he must have been first at 22, but she could have been legally married to a Thai guy for 9 years by that age.

Edited by BritManToo

Bite the bullet.

I love my lady to death. But you are young and barely know your children. If you don't speak Thai it will only get worse. THere is no way to connect to them. It may be you sperm, but they are aliens to you. Do a runner.

3 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Would point out you can marry a Thai girl when she's age 13.

I refuse to talk to you about your favorite subject again , as I feel that you are getting gratification about that subject .

Try some sites on the dark web , where they have forums devoted to that subject

Just now, CorpusChristie said:

I refuse to talk to you about your favorite subject again , as I feel that you are getting gratification about that subject .

Try some sites on the dark web , where they have forums devoted to that subject

Tell you what, put me on 'ignore', I'm just doing it for you, goodbye.

• Haha 1

Just now, coastguard said:

Bite the bullet.

I love my lady to death. But you are young and barely know your children. If you don't speak Thai it will only get worse. THere is no way to connect to them. It may be you sperm, but they are aliens to you. Do a runner.

So you want him to do what the average local here does? Have sex and leave to find another girl, get her pregnant, leave ,find another, and never take responsibility for the children? And the courts not enforcing child support of course lets them continue their ways. It;s his job to take care of the kids. Anyone who does a "runner" has no business having kids or getting anyone pregnant. Yes, to a lot of women here we are walking ATM'S and sperm donors, and that's why a lot end up alone or used by everyone afterwards. His wife screwed up big time, and now it's her time to pay the piper, and him to give the kids stability.

On 7/5/2019 at 2:16 PM, Rimmer said:

That's the marriage and divorce forum for none Cockney speaking members

puzzled why the horse comes before the wedding carriage unless,
as this one is discussed here already, being inevitable ...
that would make sense. 

(thanks in any case, I found https://www.cockneyrhymingslang.co.uk/english/M for a good bubble ! )

she sounds like a smart independent minded lady with good busines instinct. AND omg the money she earns from her business she spends on the household. she obviously cares for the family and take good care.

on the other hand, you, complaining that the 1 million baht didnt return to you....thats pretty selfish, she did return the money to the family, right?

she asking for money. yes of course, she doesnt spend it on lotery or buying a motorcycle, but spends it more smart long term fami.y in mind. omg, you are suggesting she should ask the money from her parents?? No good Thai girl would ever do that, the rather would GIVE and not take, money to their parents.

You think about yourself, me, me, me, my money, she thinks about the family. yes of course she asks your financial aid, you are the HUSBAND. 9n short you have to learn more about (traditional) Thai women and relations, you have to start thinking positive about her, think about the family, and.....if she asks money, she is smart, you give but not too much and just explain the amount. 

If you think you are "right" and she is"wrong" than there is no hope. learn about her, Thai relations, and think about family, and, again, if she made a succesfull business, that says she is a positive profesional woman. dont underestimate her. 

lastly, her family is in isan, its pretty selfish of you to want to take her to a farang city for no good reason. why seperate her from isan and her family, and her many friends, you force her to live in a region and city she dont know no friends no family. pretty thoughtless i would say. you treat her as a puppet. 

Edited by herwin1234

Just now, herwin1234 said:

she sounds like a smart independent minded lady with good busines instinct. AND omg the money she earns from her business she spends on the household. she obviously cares for the family and take good care.

on the other hand, you, complaining that the 1 million baht didnt return to you....thats pretty selfish, she did return the money to the family, right?

she asking for money. yes of course, she doesnt spend it on lotery or buying a motorcycle, but spends it more smart long term fami.y in mind. omg, you are suggesting she should ask the money from her parents?? No good Thai girl would ever do that, the rather would GIVE and not take, money to their parents.

You think about yourself, me, me, me, my money, she thinks about the family. yes of course she asks your financial aid, you are the HUSBAND. 9n short you have to learn more about (traditional) Thai women and relations, you have to start thinking positive about her, think about the family, and.....if she asks money, she is smart, you give but not too much and just explain the amount. 

If you think you are "right" and she is"wrong" than there is no hope. learn about her, Thai relations, and think about family, and, again, if she made a succesfull business, that says she is a positive profesional woman. dont underestimate her. 

lastly, her family is in isan, its pretty selfish of you to want to take her to a farang city for no good reason. why seperate her from isan and her family, and her many friends, you force her to live in a region and city she dont know no friends no family. pretty thoughtless i would say. you treat her as a puppet. 

I'm guessing you haven't read this topic from the start, as the reply you've made shows this. I just want to add, taking a Thai woman out of Thailand is something I should have done myself, as living here , especially in Isaan, is about the most boring place on earth. True, there are a lot of beautiful beaches and mountains, but if you live in NE Thailand, there isn't much here to do. My son lived in Hawaii for a few years, and after awhile, it gets old too, unless you're a beach person and love water sports and fishing. Otherwise, it's just another beach place. Other countries offer her an opportunity to work, and experience different foods, scenery and cultures. Families split up in every country. Kids grow up, people go their own ways, and what's left here is the farmers, who live a traditional, hand to mouth boring life. This will not be what my daughter grows up in, and I will have her living in the states eventually, as a bilingual, with more opportunities for a good career, better living conditions and family. She can always fly back here to visit. It's what's in the best interests of his children. Here the average Thai makes 11k a month, and a lot make much less. In other countries you can make more an hour than most here make in a day. Not a good future by any means, unless they go to university and find a better paying job in a big city. If your child wants to be a farmer it's one thing, but I'm sure most do not want this lifestyle. I don't want my daughter doing that.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

I don't want my daughter doing that.

Best not to project your aspirations onto your children.

It's a recipe for disappointment.

My Thai children seem much more content with their lives, than my Brit children.

And my Thai children are much nicer people than my Brit children.

I'm a bit surprised that someone professing to be a Christian places so much value on money.

As for 'flying back when she wants' good luck with that one, we'll be lucky to ever fly internationally again.

Edited by BritManToo

16 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Best not to project your aspirations onto your children.

It's a recipe for disappointment.

My Thai children seem much more content with their lives, than my Brit children.

And my Thai children are much nicer people than my Brit children.

I'm a bit surprised that someone professing to be a Christian places so much value on money.

As for 'flying back when she wants' good luck with that one, we'll be lucky to ever fly internationally again.

A US citizen can always return home. The Covid will wear down everywhere, as soon as people use their heads and not their egos. Money is necessary, and you don't have to be rich to be comfortable. But being poor and struggling isn't a lifestyle that's good for any family. Having a better education gives a child a chance to not struggle, nor be dependent on a spouse that values money over family.

9 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

Money is necessary, and you don't have to be rich to be comfortable.

My kid's expecting a starting wage of 25k in Chiang Mai.

I could happily live as a single person on that.

She certainly doesn't need more to be happy.

At the moment she seems happy enough to live with me, and I provide, so she doesn't really need any income at all.

Maybe she'll find a husband that provides, maybe she'll live with me forever.

I'm OK with either.

Edited by BritManToo

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

My kid's expecting a starting wage of 25k in Chiang Mai.

I could happily live as a single person on that.

She certainly doesn't need more to be happy.

At the moment she seems happy enough to live with me, and I provide, so she doesn't really need any income at all.

You really could do with starting a new thread about her