Over a million fake weight loss pills seized in raid in Kalasin province

rooster59

Over a million fake weight loss pills seized in raid in Kalasin province

Pills.jpg

Police raided a mansion and two warehouses in Thailand’s northeastern province of Kalasin today and seized a huge number of fake weight loss pills, manufacturing and packaging equipment, chemicals and other materials.

The raid on the mansion, in Village 7 of Tambon Songpluey, Namon district, which was being used as the office of D.D. Cosmed Company, and two warehouses about two kilometres away, followed an intensive police investigation following the death of a woman in Ang Thong province, who reportedly had taken weight loss pills bought from the company online.

Armed with a court issued search warrant the team, led by Pol Maj-Gen Tinnarat Petpansri, the provincial police chief, and Dr. Wimonrat Phupasook, the provincial health chief, first raided the mansion where they found medicinal powder containing sulbutiamine, a packaging machine and weight loss pills in capsule form ready to be distributed.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/over-a-million-fake-weight-loss-pills-seized-in-raid-in-kalasin-province/

thaipbs.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2019-07-07

My wife's niece runs this business, with the niece's mother as the nominal head of the company. She studied medicine but had her permission to operate removed due to an earlier 'misunderstanding' and so moved her business to a remote area. (Some of) the ingredients used are illegal in Thailand but hey, there's money to be made so according to the article she was supplied with the ingredients by a government official for a 'consideration'. Just part of the culture.

1 minute ago, Vacuum said:

Again, what's "dnp"?

A drug that works on  body water "extraction", folk are dying taking it. A bird near me had a small beauty shop selling slimming pills, she is dead at 30+...

My wife's niece runs this business, with the niece's mother as the nominal head of the company. She studied medicine but had her permission to operate removed due to an earlier 'misunderstanding' and so moved her business to a remote area. (Some of) the ingredients used are illegal in Thailand but hey, there's money to be made so according to the article she was supplied with the ingredients by a government official for a 'consideration'. Just part of the culture.

And my wife’s best friend died from taking these fake weight loss pills. Good to hear that your wife and niece got raided. There’s a lot of very angry people out there due to this scam. They deserve all that’s coming to them.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

3 minutes ago, Paul52 said:

And my wife’s best friend died from taking these fake weight loss pills. Good to hear that your wife and niece got raided. There’s a lot of very angry people out there due to this scam. They deserve all that’s coming to them.

Not his wife...Family..

35 minutes ago, Paul52 said:

I'm sorry, but your comprehension skills need polishing. My wife has nothing to do with the business. Her niece and her mother (so my wife's aunt) have been running it. I don't think my wife has seen them for years.

What happened when your wife's friend died? Is that the person referred to in the report which launched the investigation? If not, what happened concerning your wife's friend? What action was taken?

All these weight loss things are just a scam or money-making ventures. The most effective way to lose weight is to eat less, dulling the appetite with a glass of water or a banana before a meal. But that takes willpower rather than just swallowing a pill.

13 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

All these weight loss things are just a scam or money-making ventures. The most effective way to lose weight is to eat less, dulling the appetite with a glass of water or a banana before a meal.

no, the most effective fat loss known to man is dnp

Archived