Do you get this problem

Vehicle is 7  months old from new and exhaust  condensation is  mixing with rust inside to give these stains underneath everyday, I have an 8 year old pick up that doesnt do this but the new one does. Can only remove the staining with VIXOL ie acid,  condensation mixed with rust, the problems the rust obviously inside the exhaust. Only started doing it in the last 3  days, I know cold start condensation is  normal but mixed with the rust = god-damn awful mess.

20190708_063234.jpg

20190708_063308.jpg

That rust is probably from the inside of the box rusting with the condensation water that exhaust pressure is chucking out. our old ride will not be as "clean" and will have a build up of oily diesel soot coating the inside of the box..

So, your new ride box may not last as long...

Think baking soda mixed with vinegar will lift the stains..

5 hours ago, Chazar said:

Vehicle is 7  months old from new and exhaust  condensation is  mixing with rust inside to give these stains underneath everyday

Take it back under warranty and check coolant levels.

6 hours ago, transam said:

That rust is probably from the inside of the box rusting with the condensation water that exhaust pressure is chucking out. our old ride will not be as "clean" and will have a build up of oily diesel soot coating the inside of the box..

So, your new ride box may not last as long...

Think baking soda mixed with vinegar will lift the stains..

Vixol bog  cleaner, ie  acid,  gets  it  off but dont want to clean the  bloody  floor  every day, am speaking with head  office  Bangkok.

23 hours ago, Chazar said:

7  months old from new and exhaust  condensation is mixing with rust inside to give these stains.  I said check coolant.

OK You said   " Its from the exhaust, coolant levels fine "

Do long journey and rev the engine hard. ????

4 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Do long journey and rev the engine hard. ????

This was the next day after a 350km journey at 5000000000000000000000000rpm in 1st gear.......down a hill, with a tailwind....ok well the first bits truthful.

21 minutes ago, Chazar said:

This was the next day after a 350km journey at 5000000000000000000000000rpm in 1st gear.......down a hill, with a tailwind....ok well the first bits truthful.

A difficult one to crack without be able to see it and check the exhaust system out.

On your journey did it rain ??  even though the system is not that old there must be a fault where it's taking on water.

• 1 month later...
On 7/9/2019 at 4:19 PM, transam said:

Now you know why some folk pay bundles for a stainless exhaust system or boxes.  My 1988 V6 Volvo needed new boxes every two years, they rusted from the inside out...Condensation..

often unnecessarily  though as this is the first time Ive seen "rust" drops, hasnt  done it since and my UK  car now 14 years  old 50k  miles still on original exhaust as is  friends BMW with 90k  miles and 14  years old.

23 minutes ago, alan grice said:

Ive never heard much, if anything from anyone whoes needed a new exhaust here.!. Seem to last forever when the roads have no salt.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Exhausts rust from the inside out, a condensation thing...

52 minutes ago, Chazar said:

often unnecessarily  though as this is the first time Ive seen "rust" drops, hasnt  done it since and my UK  car now 14 years  old 50k  miles still on original exhaust as is  friends BMW with 90k  miles and 14  years old.

All exhaust systems are different regarding getting rid of water (condensation) from inside the boxes..

40 minutes ago, alan grice said:

I must only know folks who go a long way then !.emoji86.png

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Indeed....My fun ride had twin 3.5 inch dia. exhaust pipes with one stainless box on each side. I never did many miles in it, spent most of the time in the garage. On startup the right hand pipe always had water vapour being expelled, that's why the stainless boxes, previous one did rot out..

That should not happen unless you are doing very very short runs or starting the engine when cold for a very short time period .... just a thought have you upset your neighbor and he has shoved his hosepipe up it

Archived