Sponsor funds for wifes UK visit visa

Fellas im sorry to ask yet another trivial question, im just being careful with the wifes visa application and you all seem to know your onions!  Just putting the final bits together for the wifes tourist visa to UK.  They need proof that as the sponsor I have adequate funds.  I have a Thai bank account with 400K in there all year around (for the marriage visa), I never withdraw from it or add to it, just a fixed 400K so the account has no activity.  Will that be ok for proof of funding?  I hit the bank today and had the official statments etc printed out and stamped.

I dont have an account in the UK but I do have an off shore account outside of Europe that I use pretty much daily.  I could print off 6 months worth of statements for that - actualy I already have printed it off - but I just dont love the idea of handing them over.  They show every inbound and outbound transaction and whilst I have nothing to hide, I dont like sharing that info with an agency.  I dont know why i dislike it, it just gives me a naff feeling.  Who knows who they share this stuff with?

Last time we did this (successfully) I provided both bank statments for both my banks mentioned here.  Do I absolutley have to do the same again or will just the Thai bank with 400K be enough?

The wife is also providing statments of her account in Thailand which has around 125K in there and daily activity.  She runs her business from it so there is always money going in and out of it.  Mine however is just stagnent with the 400K.

I dont know if I am overthinking stuff like this.  There are a few things im uncertain of but dont want to start slamming the forum with question after question.  We already applied once 4 years ago and had no issue.  Im pretty sure, touch wood, we will be fine this time also and get the visa.  Just being careful though, hence the questions.  Flights and stuff already paid for so if she gets knocked back im out of pocket in a big way!

Thanks again for the advice, as always.  Much appreciated ????

Fine with either. You don't need to supply loads of bank statements. Just show you have sufficient funds to pay for the trip. Just show the latest statement. They don't need the ins and outs of it.

In your shoes I would supply your wife's bank statements at all unless you are very sure that all is ok with them. I have seen too many visas fail in the last couple of years when the ECO picks the applicants statements and incomings and outgoings apart and refuses the visa.

What did you do the last time? It was successful. Do the same! As I explained above you do only have to show that you have enough money to pay for the trip. How long is the holiday you are requesting?

32 minutes ago, rasg said:

Fine with either. You don't need to supply loads of bank statements. Just show you have sufficient funds to pay for the trip. Just show the latest statement. They don't need the ins and outs of it.

In your shoes I would supply your wife's bank statements at all unless you are very sure that all is ok with them. I have seen too many visas fail in the last couple of years when the ECO picks the applicants statements and incomings and outgoings apart and refuses the visa.

What did you do the last time? It was successful. Do the same! As I explained above you do only have to show that you have enough money to pay for the trip. How long is the holiday you are requesting?

Thanks for that.  Last time I handed over the wifes thai statment, my thai statment, and my off shore statment.  We have a return flight in and out together of two weeks.