New UK PM must put Brexit plan to second referendum - Labour's Corbyn

snoop1130

Just now, Reigntax said:

The people have exercised their rights. They decided.

The vote was completed 3 years ago. It's over, finished, completed.

The consequences are not crystal clear. No one knows how successful it will be. Everyone is just making the case to support their opinions. 

The consequences of brexit are very clear. Just google for reports on such. 

There is absolutely no reason there cannot be a vote on any final deal. 

If parliament decides there should be one, then it will happen. 

Nothing is decided. 

Nothing is finished. 

Nothing is completed. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Reigntax said:

What part of the vote is over don't you understand ?

Please direct me to the aspect of British democratic procedures that explicitly state there can be no vote on a final deal.

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Reigntax said:

The highest representation of the people of the UK have spoken and made their decision, the people themselves There is no higher court of appeal.

A second referendum would do more damage to the Democratic system that exists than any damage caused by Brexits. If in any case that does occur.

A vote on any final deal would serve democracy. 

Brexit has been negotiated and the deal is in place. 

Let the people decide whether they wish to accept it or not. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Please direct me to the aspect of British democratic procedures that explicitly state there can be no vote on a final deal.

No you are making a mockery out of your understanding of "democratic" and "law"

I suggest rather than ask me to to explicitly explain where a second vote can occur, that you search where a majority decision can be ignored.

• Like 2

Just now, Reigntax said:

No you are making a mockery out of your understanding of "democratic" and "law"

I suggest rather than ask me to to explicitly explain where a second vote can occur, that you search where a majority decision can be ignored.

Right, so there is no reason there cannot be a vote on a final deal. 

Thought so. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Reigntax said:

They decided. It's over.

The minority didn't win. The majority won.

The minority are upset they lost. Same with every vote.

It's over. 

Not until the final deal is accepted and passed by parliament is anything over. 

It makes perfect sense to ask the people on how they feel about that deal and ask them if they wish to accept or reject it. 

I shall refrain from responding to the post of yours that followed the one I quote here. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Loiner said:

There will never be another referendum, especially on Brexit or its details. They screwed up so badly in their estimation of the last one’s result. They won’t let that happen again even if they think they are sure of a result in their favour.
No matter what LAB or the EU or the traitorous CON MPs call for, it won’t happen because they just cannot be sure enough.

That may be the case, but it still does not rule out a vote on any final deal nor should people be denied the right to call for such a vote.

Neither should they be condemned for doing so. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, nontabury said:

If you mean let the British people decide? You do realise, as a foreigner that you would not be eligible to vote.

Please point exactly to where I said I would vote.

Exactly being the operative word. 

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Haha 1

As a remain voter who as a rational human being got over the result after a few weeks, yes I was pi##ed because of the exchange rate which I knew would crash etc etc.

Just imagine there is another referendum. The result will be very close yet again.  If the result was similar to last time will all the remainer  activists accept it this time around? Tbh I think they will, but what I would be fearful of is a remainer victory with a similar 52%-48% result.   Imagine the civil unrest from that result. They think it kicked off bad in the London riots of 2012....... check what available footage of the poll tax riots is on utube and imagine what wasn’t caught on camera! (No mobiles then let alone camera phones.)

IMO we are on dangerous ground here with this referendum rerun talk.

Edited by goldenbrwn1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, evadgib said:

The Tilbrook case hasn't gone away as this latest update explains ????

From your link:

The explanation [for this Brexiteer case being thrown out] however lies in the relevant Court Rule which was developed in 2016.  This was supposedly to stop unmeritorious immigration claims clogging up the system.”

Brexiteer hopes dashed by a law brought into force to prevent “unmeritorious immigration claims clogging up the system”.

Not for the first time Brexiteers prove sweet Irony lives.

Thanks for that evadgib, it was almost as enjoyable as my morning bike ride through the local national park. 

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, vogie said:

And in the same breath the same people on here have been telling us that for three years that referendums are illegal, now suddenly think they are bone fide and the best thing since sliced bread.

Riddle me this.

I don’t recall anybody ever claiming ‘that referendums are illegal’, did you just make that bit up? 

• Like 2