Just been to Koh Samui and MY GOD!!!

15 minutes ago, wilcopops said:

Thailand's laisser faire policies towards tourism are slowly destroying the nations natural resources.

It seems that tourism this year is down up to 30%    .....  whether or not this is a glitch, you can be sure that the authorities reaction will be a nape-of-the-neck one that fails to look to the longer future or the sustainability of the industry.

However, I really don't think that posts saying "Phuket is better than Samui" have any validity whatsoever, just a poorly written subjective post about one person's prejudices.......waste of a keyboard.

His views are less valid than yours then....makes sense?????

2 minutes ago, kellersphuket said:

BAck in my favoirte bar now folks! Kata beach today till the sun goes down. No hassle and 80 baht cocktails served to my hand.. welcome back for sure !

you still haven't told us which area of Samui you visited

Hmmmm, I am living in Chiang Mai and want to leave northern Thailand for 3 months during the burning season next year. My idea was to go to Koh Samui for this time. Following this thread to find out if it´s really so bad there. 

At Phuket I have been 3 times and was not so impressed.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, kellersphuket said:

So true bro. Patong isnt great but still nowhere near as bad as chaweng. No means no in patong, in chaweng it just means try again and wear me down until i say yes! 

Same occurs in Bali, persistent to the point where real agro can occur, big difference to offering your wares.Patong has bars , tuk tuk,tailors,massage etc all on offer but a simple I,m ok thanks does the trick! 

Edited by Olmate
  • Like 1