Used KTM Prices....

Looking round on the various selling sites and particularly at the new model Duke 390, the asking prices make interesting reading....

One in the photo is 11m old... 1 ferrang owner...all receipts etc....reccons out the door price ex Insurance was 210,000 baht plus a further 40,000 spent on power parts / fettle.... asking price 149,000 baht .. May be a further 10 to 20,000 haggle in there.... ?

Any one own one ? Interested in honest comments what they are like day to day ... did you also own / ride the previous model...? and what about the servicing future now imports stopped...

.20190713_151943.jpeg20190713_151845.jpeg

Sent from my SM-A520F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

KTM stopped selling their bikes in Thailand, so the dealer / service network will gradually shut down.

If you live in Bangkok, plan to stay there in the future and just ride arround there it's probably ok, but if you live anywhere else i would not consider it anymore.

I have the same bike, Duke 390, 2017.

It's a great bike for the city and also for day trips outside.

It's basically a 125cc frame with a 390cc engine. It has a lot of power and still fits between the cars in the traffic. It's not as small as i.e. a Suzuki Raider but probably more nimble than a PCX.

I would buy it again.

Having said that is it not perfect. Riding it below 4,000RPM in the 1st of 2nd gear is not smooth because of the very lean setup for emission standards. And there is little you can do about it except buying expensive after market parts.

The bike has zero storage capabilities. KTM advertises it as Ready to Race. That's true in a way, no unnecessary extras or storage, etc.

Now to that specific bike in the picture. It has some extra parts like aftermarket exhaust, crash cage and especially the back is interesting. I am not sure if that thing should help to transport things or is it for stunt crash protection?

Be aware that some parts on that bike are very expensive like i.e. the TFT display. Make sure it's 100% ok and not (stunt) damaged.

If you are interested I would go with the seller to the KTM dealer and let them check it. Likely such a check will cost less than 1,000B.

About the price: KTM sells these bikes at a discount now because they close the dealership. Maybe you could buy it now for 180k new, I am not sure, check with the dealer. And I guess on the new bike you would have 2 years warranty.

I have the same bike, Duke 390, 2017.
It's a great bike for the city and also for day trips outside.
It's basically a 125cc frame with a 390cc engine. It has a lot of power and still fits between the cars in the traffic. It's not as small as i.e. a Suzuki Raider but probably more nimble than a PCX.
I would buy it again.
Having said that is it not perfect. Riding it below 4,000RPM in the 1st of 2nd gear is not smooth because of the very lean setup for emission standards. And there is little you can do about it except buying expensive after market parts.
The bike has zero storage capabilities. KTM advertises it as Ready to Race. That's true in a way, no unnecessary extras or storage, etc.

Now to that specific bike in the picture. It has some extra parts like aftermarket exhaust, crash cage and especially the back is interesting. I am not sure if that thing should help to transport things or is it for stunt crash protection?

Be aware that some parts on that bike are very expensive like i.e. the TFT display. Make sure it's 100% ok and not (stunt) damaged.
If you are interested I would go with the seller to the KTM dealer and let them check it. Likely such a check will cost less than 1,000B.

About the price: KTM sells these bikes at a discount now because they close the dealership. Maybe you could buy it now for 180k new, I am not sure, check with the dealer. And I guess on the new bike you would have 2 years warranty.
Thanks for the info.....

The rear carrier is quite interesting....you can have it in the position shown in the photo for solo riding or can "flip" it round so it looks like a normal rack and thus you can carry a passenger - never seen one before...very clever and nice looking.... the bike also has the power parts alarm immobiliser.... along with the installation kit and fitting is circa 13,500 baht extra....and memory foam seats with stitching to match the wheels....

I've read that changing the rear sprocket to a 42t one from the standard 45t one, greatly reduces the lumpyness....

Have you had any problems with yours ...? And what servicing costs have you paid..?
.20190711_172643.jpeg

Sent from my SM-A520F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

1 hour ago, properperson said:

Have you had any problems with yours ...? And what servicing costs have you paid..?

No problems.

Service cost was cheap. I think the 1000km inspection was not even 1000B.

I will have my next inspection (7500 or 8000, not sure) maybe in a month or two.

I ride the bike 99% in Bangkok and I am not so young and aggressive anymore so I don't use much of what the bike is able to do.

It's fun!

There is a dedicated forum just for the 390. I found lots of good information in that forum:

https://www.ktmduke390forum.com/

I think it all depends on how you want to use your future bike. Some bikes are good for shopping, others for touring, racing, stunts, etc. I recommend you think about what you plan to do with your future bike. If long trips are on your list I don't recommend the Duke. If you need storage it's also not good. And there is a lot of wind if you ride faster than 100km/h.

I like it for the city and to have fun.

Archived