Zambian arrested on overstay after animal cruelty gets him investigated

webfact

Zambian arrested on overstay after animal cruelty gets him investigated

5pm.jpg

Picture: Naew Na

Immigration and an animal welfare foundation were called after neighbors saw a Siberian Husky tied up on a balcony in Bang Na, south east of Bangkok. 

The female dog had been slapped about and had an injury.

It's owner was Zambian student Sikwese Wachisa living at Soi Bang Na Garden 10 where he kept two of the huskies, a male and a female. 

He said that he had got cross after the dog had chewed through his laptop cable and damaged the floor.

Naew Na said other people at the condo thought Sikwese was a nice guy and an animal lover. 

Watch Dogs Thailand were involved on this occasion.

Region 3 immigration officer Pol Col Kritphakorn Klinkasen said that Sikwese was found to be on an overstay of one year and four months. 

The dog was taken to the Kaew Kan Veterinary Hospital on Bang Na Trad Road. 

The Zambian was taken into custody and will be black listed.

Naew Na said that immigration was acting on orders from acting immigration chief Lt-Gen Sompong Chingduang to stop those breaking the law and help those who keep to the rules. 

Naew Na said that immigration welcomes people calling their hotline to report miscreants. 

Source: Naew Na

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-07-15

Two beautiful dogs, which require daily exercise,space and require stimulation kept in a condo on a balcony. No wonder it chewed through a laptop cable. Luckily did not electrocuted.

Hope they are found a good home

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Region 3 immigration officer Pol Col Kritphakorn Klinkasen said that Sikwese was found to be on an overstay of one year and four months.

So got in on a student visa & decided to put down roots !

What about the basic animal cruelty in general?I mean not taking responsibility for the safety of the dog and its well being throughout life

I cannot believe the number of loose and mangy  and wild dogs wandering about. Some look like they are in severe pain. 

take care of dogs from pup to death  ensuring a decent quality of life

yes i have a view of care that is not affordable to many 

but I am sad about the number of dogs that are wandering about and not well cared for

I was bitten twice last year by dogs that were unprovoked and from the first I had to undergo and pay for the series of rabies shots. One of the two came at me from behind without me ever seeing it until after it bit me

7 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:

Two beautiful dogs, which require daily exercise,space and require stimulation kept in a condo on a balcony. No wonder it chewed through a laptop cable. Luckily did not electrocuted.

Hope they are found a good home

These beautiful dogs should not be in Thailand. They should be kept in aircon environment and not on a balcony. Plus they are working dogs which need plenty of exercise.

Had a huskey as a family pet growing up. Always kept outside...in winter snow storms, could never find him because he just would lye out and get covered by the snow. Until he popped up, wouldn't know he was out there. Never used his dog house. Couldn't bring him in the house in winter, he would start panting right away...needed to be out in the cold.  I couldn't imagine how these dogs could tolerate the heat in Thailand. Seems like animal cruelty in itself to me.

Had a huskey as a family pet growing up. Always kept outside...in winter snow storms, could never find him because he just would lye out and get covered by the snow. Until he popped up, wouldn't know he was out there. Never used his dog house. Couldn't bring him in the house in winter, he would start panting right away...needed to be out in the cold.  I couldn't imagine how these dogs could tolerate the heat in Thailand. Seems like animal cruelty in itself to me.

I walked past a “ Husky Cafe” in Saigon of all places
The smell 20 feet from the door horrendous.
They love snow! So do Newfoundlands and St. Bernard. With thick fur and large paws.

Not the right breeds for SEA.

Archived