Dual SIM setup to Receive SMS sent to UK number

regedit

iPhone X supports dual sim. I have my main +66 number with AIS. Planning to get a PAYGo UK SIM ONLY to be able to receive SMS from UK banks who will not accept sending to an overseas number. But how to set this up as dual SIM eg. do I have my AIS number as an eSIM and UK as physical SIM ?

iPhone X supports dual sim. I have my main +66 number with AIS. Planning to get a PAYGo UK SIM ONLY to be able to receive SMS from UK banks who will not accept sending to an overseas number. But how to set this up as dual SIM eg. do I have my AIS number as an eSIM and UK as physical SIM ?

You need to first see if your uk provider works with eSIM, as I think only EE and Vodaphone currently supports use of eSIM.
This might already make your decision for you, but otherwise I don’t think it matters which .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16 hours ago, regedit said:

Yes, Thai providers support eSIM so getting a UK physical SIM is the way to go. However I assume you'll have to be in the UK to activate it first.  It's a set-up I use myself (with True rather than AIS)

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Do you mean this super expensive apple gadget does not even support two SIM cards like lot of phones which cost less than 10% or this apple thing?

You could buy a 3,000B Android phone with two SIM slots. ????

Dual SIM slots are provided for the Chinese model