25 Year Old German Student At Ramkamheng Killed

jdinasia

Why did OP feel the need to write "the gay guy from gay.com"... that seems totally unnessecary and as though OP was hoping to discuss that fact... OP, go to gay.com and discuss it there if that is what you want.

I originally posted this in the "Gay People in Thailand" sub-forum .... but if you have an issue with gay folks then perhaps Thailand isn't the place for you!

This is a sad tale of a young man that was gay. That happened to be murdered in Thailand. Since many users of the gay chats etc in Thailand also use Thaivisa it was appropriate BIG news to be placed here. The guy earned $$ as a "pro" etc etc etc but if you knew anything about him (through the use of those other resources) you'd know that being gay in Thailand was important to him.

There are many people that are NOT gay that still are concerned by this violent death for the simple fact that it was a farang murdered in Thailand. Not to mention those of us that know gay people that come to Thailand (one of the most tolerant countries in the world towwards gay people.) We as of yet, do NOT know WHY he was murdered. At this point it is all speculation.

<again my condolences to the family of this poor young man!>

jd,

his sexuality and the fact that he was a prostitute are both completely unnessacary. if anyone has a lead or is going to help the police, then they already knew these facts. in the future, you should try to show more respect to the departed.

jd,

his sexuality and the fact that he was a prostitute are both completely unnessacary. if anyone has a lead or is going to help the police, then they already knew these facts. in the future, you should try to show more respect to the departed.

IMHO ... you are wrong on all three counts ... but I think maybe a bias is showing in your posts ... :o

I agree that it is important to catch the murderer and anyone with any info should contact the police. I completely do not agree that the facts of his sexual life are irrelevant to the story of his murder, because it seems rather probable that his murder and murderer was linked to his sexual life.

Thanks, JD for that reasonable post. Personally, we shouldn't be concerned about who he was or what he was doing for that matter. The point is a young man was brutally killed for reasons yet unknown. Nobody, regardless of their profession or who they are, deserves a death such as this. Not too long ago their was so much speculation as to why two Russian women were murdered in Pattaya, and most of what people thought to be true was nothing more than pure rubbish. None of us are perfect, and nearly all of us have skeletons in our closets no matter how big or small. Give the kid and his family some respect.

RIP

Edited by frodo

Well, I am certainly not saying he or anyone deserves it or that anyone yet knows who killed him or why. But get real. If you were a cop, you don't think the lurid details of his life would give you an important background to help you find his killer?

I find it rather funny how people get all super respectful to the dead, to the same people that they dissed while they were alive.

Edited by Jingthing

Well, I am certainly not saying he or anyone deserves it or that anyone yet knows who killed him or why. But get real. If you were a cop, you don't think the lurid details of his life would give you an important background to help you find his killer?

I find it rather funny how people get all super respectful to the dead, to the same people that they dissed while they were alive.

The cops are not likely cruising here for clues jingthing ... the Thai gay sites were where Ronny' was most active

I am under the impression (from some of the gay sites he posted on) that he was one of those "confused" gays; that one or two of his ads asked for other "straight" or "bi" guys to meet him. It is an unfortunate reality that many of the worst enemies for gays are those who are in the closet about themselves; there is a type of gay man who is gay long enough for him to be sexually satisfied, and afterwards he "blames" the other man for "making" him participate in objectionable activities! (I'm not joking, most gay guys here will know the type I mean). It would be doubly sad if the departed's own confusion contributed to his demise by picking up the type of man who might become violent after sexual activity was finished because of his own homophobia- especially in Thailand, of all places. Yet I prefer this scenario in my imagination of the event to the more sordid ones regarding prostitution or promiscuity and jealousy, because it seems more likely to me considering the level of violence and apparent lack of premeditation of the crime. As jd says, it's all speculation at this point; but it puts a bit of a cloud over things for me, because I know I have been places that this guy has been, and I fear that I may have been in the company of the person(s) who were responsible for this unnecessary loss of life.

A sad day.

:o

I am under the impression (from some of the gay sites he posted on) that he was one of those "confused" gays; that one or two of his ads asked for other "straight" or "bi" guys to meet him. It is an unfortunate reality that many of the worst enemies for gays are those who are in the closet about themselves; there is a type of gay man who is gay long enough for him to be sexually satisfied, and afterwards he "blames" the other man for "making" him participate in objectionable activities! (I'm not joking, most gay guys here will know the type I mean). It would be doubly sad if the departed's own confusion contributed to his demise by picking up the type of man who might become violent after sexual activity was finished because of his own homophobia- especially in Thailand, of all places. Yet I prefer this scenario in my imagination of the event to the more sordid ones regarding prostitution or promiscuity and jealousy, because it seems more likely to me considering the level of violence and apparent lack of premeditation of the crime. As jd says, it's all speculation at this point; but it puts a bit of a cloud over things for me, because I know I have been places that this guy has been, and I fear that I may have been in the company of the person(s) who were responsible for this unnecessary loss of life.

A sad day.

:o

That's what I was talking about in my earlier post jd...Ijustwannateach made it clear with this post...

Yes, a very tragic thing happened to this young man, no doubt. Whether he was a saint (not) or not, isn't the point. His death are life and now in the harsh light of the press and public mainly because he was a young farang who was rather bizarrely murdered, and that he was a farang who who was heavily involved in the famous underbelly of Bangkok. Whatever happened, I do hope we all who are lucky to still be in this mortal plane, consider a bit more carefully, the actions we take here in Thailand, and the risks we are taking.

Edited by Jingthing

I appreciate Jingthing and Ijustwanttoteach's posts the most as they give information that is helpful to those who remain on this earth about the possible circumstances of this tragic death.

There are many young men of the departed's age who might be given pause if informed of the circumstances and lifestyle of the departed so they can beware.

The balance of us who may have occasion to visit venues he frequented or on websites he was on would likewise benefit from information. Knowledge is Power.

[quote name='jdinasia' date='2007-03-16 22:11:43' post='1201758

There are many people that are NOT gay that still are concerned by this violent death for the simple fact that it was a farang murdered in Thailand. Not to mention those of us that know gay people that come to Thailand (one of the most tolerant countries in the world towwards gay people.)

I think it is correct that Thailand is relatively tolerant towards homosexuality, but many gays here completely underestimate the prejudice that does actually exist.Discretion is valued, and the three ex-prime ministers (I'm not going to name them so don't ask) that were/are gay suffered no particular animosity apart from a bit of teasing.But they were very discrete and as with many other styles of life a great deal is tolerated here if good manners and courtesy are observed.

However in my opinion foreign gays should not take an "in your face" approach.Most Thai parents for example would take a very dim view of foreign teachers responsible for young children -whether gay or straight- who regularly participated in a promiscuous "sex for hire" lifestyle.And as a matter of fact so would I.

Why did OP feel the need to write "the gay guy from gay.com"... that seems totally unnessecary and as though OP was hoping to discuss that fact... OP, go to gay.com and discuss it there if that is what you want.

I originally posted this in the "Gay People in Thailand" sub-forum .... but if you have an issue with gay folks then perhaps Thailand isn't the place for you!

This is a sad tale of a young man that was gay. That happened to be murdered in Thailand. Since many users of the gay chats etc in Thailand also use Thaivisa it was appropriate BIG news to be placed here. The guy earned $ as a "pro" etc etc etc but if you knew anything about him (through the use of those other resources) you'd know that being gay in Thailand was important to him.

There are many people that are NOT gay that still are concerned by this violent death for the simple fact that it was a farang murdered in Thailand. Not to mention those of us that know gay people that come to Thailand (one of the most tolerant countries in the world towwards gay people.) We as of yet, do NOT know WHY he was murdered. At this point it is all speculation.

<again my condolences to the family of this poor young man!>

Uh, yes, sure. I love your comments. It doesn't matter that he was a german male gay prostitute in Thailand (please get the sarcasm), right?!. To tell you the truth, that is one ugly way of embarrassing your parents, your nation, your friends, actually anybody that ever knew you. Dead or not, I don't care, it's an insult to humanity.

Most of the comments seem to have been off topic ... but it keeps the thread visible ... and people learn ....

I haven't seen much in the news today (actually I have seen nothing)

The manager article said that his notebook and Playstation 3 were stolen.

I think that the main motivation was not theft, but it is not impossible.

My guess is Russian Mafia.

Was he involved with russians? Did he had any connections with the russian mafia? Do you really think the russian mafia would be interested in a notebook and a PS3? :D

According to some posters, the Russian Mafia is involved in everything :o

I think the Pink Mafia is behind this, not the Red Mafia.