Could True be Throttling my internet??

Joedobbs

Hi,

My IPTV was working fine, now all of a sudden after 2 weeks it constantly buffers. Could this be True throttling my internet, blocking it or slowing down the streaming??

How can I check whether this is a problem with my internet, the iptv service provider or my android device?

Any help would be much appreciated.

I supposedly have both a 2g and 5g connection that they installed and I can connect to either in my home network (wifi)

The 2.4GHz connection can travel farther distances but the performance will generally be lower.

With 5GHz you should notice faster data rates at a shorter distance.

You can always do a Speed test.

21 minutes ago, ianezy0 said:

The 2.4GHz connection can travel farther distances but the performance will generally be lower.

With 5GHz you should notice faster data rates at a shorter distance.

You can always do a Speed test.

Thanks. They set up a router and then a second router with 4 antennas next to it and said I could connect to either the true 2g or true 5g networks (wifi) they set up at my new house.

Speed tests are all quite high, just below the 100mb download and 50mb upload of my package.

However, recently I have been watching my iptv and it just buffers constantly so not sure whether its my iptv service provider or my internet or my device which is a firestick?

Anyway of figuring out whether it's my internet or not?

Not sure how to do this, I just did a download speed test on that website and the results are lower - 23 download speed instead of the nearly 100 mb from other sites.

What can I do, is it most likely my internet that is causing the problems???

Any suggestions on how to improve??

Just now, Joedobbs said:

Not sure how to do this, I just did a download speed test on that website and the results are lower - 23 download speed instead of the nearly 100 mb from other sites.

What can I do, is it most likely my internet that is causing the problems???

Any suggestions on how to improve??

I'm getting 700Mbps download and I'm supposed to get 1000.  I have 3bb coming out tomorrow to take a look and see what the problem is.  

1 hour ago, Joedobbs said:

Thanks. They set up a router and then a second router with 4 antennas next to it and said I could connect to either the true 2g or true 5g networks (wifi) they set up at my new house.

Speed tests are all quite high, just below the 100mb download and 50mb upload of my package.

However, recently I have been watching my iptv and it just buffers constantly so not sure whether its my iptv service provider or my internet or my device which is a firestick?

Anyway of figuring out whether it's my internet or not?

Hi Joe, good advice from everyone. I can’t  offer any other advice but your download should be more than adequate to stream data. You normally only need around 6/8 mbps. Also confused about you having 2 routers. Do you think one might be the tv play box and the other with 4 antennas the router?

Get them to double check that no one else is connected to your service.

See what True say when you contact them. Best of luck.

29 minutes ago, ianezy0 said:

Hi Joe, good advice from everyone. I can’t  offer any other advice but your download should be more than adequate to stream data. You normally only need around 6/8 mbps. Also confused about you having 2 routers. Do you think one might be the tv play box and the other with 4 antennas the router?

Get them to double check that no one else is connected to your service.

See what True say when you contact them. Best of luck.

Not the playbox.

There is a white router and then next to it a smaller black router with 4 antennas...

They told me I had two wifi networks I could connect to a true2g105 and a true5g105

• 2 months later...

True's routers' (wifi) sucks. You could try to connect wired Internet to your computer and check if it works any better. If yes, then you could buy an external router and connect it to the true's router and share the wifi via it.

Can't comment on True now but many years ago they used to go via Vietnam and internet speeds were bad or kept breaking.

I went to a True help centre in Bangkok and complained as, in their bumph if I remember correctly, they said that they never farmed-out their lines.    Despite showing them some speed tests they still denied so I quit using them.

Here locally where I live now in Isaan True has a poor reputation especially when installing equipment.

Sorry if I have used incorrect terminology.

Archived