Tourist visa possible?

Been using tourist visas for several years (have plans to marry my longtime girlfriend sometime next year). Usually go back home once a year and get a 6-month visa, then get another visa in the region, and then go back home again and repeat the process. Haven't been home in over a year, largely because funds are tight these days. Just got a tourist visa in Vientiane 2 and a half months ago, followed by an extension. Considering applying for another tourist visa in the region but obviously I'm concerned if I'll be able to get one. I was asked to provide no additional details the last time I applied in Vientiane but by reading some threads here it looks like they are becoming more strict. Any opinions would be appreciated.

Your best options close are Savannakhet or Vientiane. I guess its just to try, but it looks like they are clamping down on it in other threads. You are going to get different advices and beliefs in this thread, but due to that its different from person to person. The only thing is to try and see to that you have more than enough paper work with you as well as beeing prepared to answer a lot of questions in an intevju.

In a thread yesterday a read that one person with 5 back to back tourist visas gor approved, at the same time as one with 3 back to back was refused. Good luck.

• Like 1