Top Posters In This Topic

PORT: 1.3.2 3.8.6 4.11.8 4.16.11 143

SYDNEY: 1.1.3 1.3.6 1.8.7 1.10.9 78

Thursday, 26 February 7:10pm 9. Richmond v Collingwood

Saturday, 28 February 10. Geelong Cats v Port Adelaide

Friday 27 February 7:40pm 11. Essendon v Brisbane Lions

Sunday, 1 March 4:40pm 12. Carlton v Hawthorn

Hi! all Aussie Rules fans in Phuket.

Come and watch the games live, 3 screens, and enjoy a real Aussie meat pie washed down with a coldie or 2. Bring yer mates. Game schedule available from http://australianetwork.com/guide/schedule_thailand.htm

Where ? Phuket Sports and Tennis Club. www.phuketsport.com for location map.

c / u there :o

Thanks for the info..

Nice info.

Not long until the season proper starts - I can't really get into the NAB Cup as too many teams don't take it seriously.

I am expecting Carlton & Richmond to make the 8 with the Swans the team most likely to slide the other way.

Great to see Cuz at Richmond - he looked cut in his first game for them last week against the Pies. Gotta love having Australia Network at home - get to see games on small delay each weekend!

Bring it on! :o:D

Agreed that the NAB Cup isn't always an indicator of form in the main season.

No Australia Network on my system this year unless I can do some fine tuning so I'll be following the games on the AFL website.

Got myself signed up for the free Sportsbet footy tipping comp again this year on www.sportsbet.com.au with a million bucks in cash and prizes.

They've promised so much in the last few years but haven't been able to turn it into finals footy.

I see Port are in financial trouble; it wouldn't hurt the SANFL to help them out after all the money Port supporters have poured into them in the last 100 years.

The Season's away!!!

CARLTON has started the 2009 season on a formidable note, thrashing Richmond by 83 points in front of a near-capacity crowd at the MCG on Thursday night.

The build-up to the match, largely centred around the return to elite-level football of Tiger recruit Ben Cousins, reached fever pitch.

And it took a very cruel tumble early in the fourth quarter when the Brownlow Medallist hobbled from the field with what looked to be a serious hamstring tear.

Consider too that it was Cousins' former West Coast captain, now Carlton skipper, Chris Judd who had close to the greatest impact on the 23.12 (150) to 9.13 (67) result.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tab...07/default.aspx

Collingwood spewing over the free kick count. 18/14.

COLLINGWOOD will ask the AFL umpires department to explain the lopsided free-kick count that has affected its season's start.

The Magpies, who gave away 98 free kicks and received only 52 in the NAB Cup series, yesterday lost their season opener by Adelaide by four points. Free kicks were 18-14 in favour of the visitors but several decisions - right or wrong - counted against the Magpies at a crucial stage, influencing the outcome.

The collective mood of the Collingwood rooms and supporters in the MCG stands was outrage.

President Eddie McGuire, red-flushed, refused to comment on the umpiring. But his demeanour left no doubt he was furious with the impact umpires Mathew Nicholls, Justin Schmitt and Simon Meredith had on the game - and the treatment of his players overall this season.

Edited by sceadugenga

North, Port and the Bulldogs complete the first round with wins.

Carlton 1 1 0 0 223.9 4

Western Bulldogs 1 1 0 0 167.0 4

Port Adelaide 1 1 0 0 162.1 4

North Melbourne 1 1 0 0 150.8 4

St. Kilda 1 1 0 0 123.1 4

Brisbane 1 1 0 0 110.5 4

Geelong 1 1 0 0 107.8 4

Adelaide 1 1 0 0 104.7 4

Collingwood 1 0 1 0 95.6 0

Hawthorn 1 0 1 0 92.8 0

West Coast 1 0 1 0 90.5 0

Sydney 1 0 1 0 81.2 0