Reliable Real Estate Lawyer Wanted

Myself and two friends own houses in Pattaya through the 'company' route, one company for the three properties, which is all dealt with by a legal firm in Bangkok.

For a number of reasons, we'd like to transfer the company to a lawyer in Pattaya. Can anyone recommend a good reliable lawyer, and give an idea of what yearly fees they might charge?

Thanks,

G

Edited by grtaylor

Why do you need a lawyer?

Accountants do all of the yearly work filing taxes and the balance sheets.

Lawyers receive payment for acting as an agent for an accountants

Skip the lawyer and just get an accountant. If you PM me, I will send you my accountant's phone numbr and office address. She has been my and my friend's accountant for 17 years, so she is not fly-by-night and is also trustworthy.

Did this lawyer originally provide the idea to place three houses in one company? If so, it was not the wisest thing for him to suggest. If and or when one of you wants to sell your property AND it will happen, it will cost a lot of money .... in the neighborhood of 100,000 baht depending on the value of the house, to get it out of the company, and pay company taxes, pay the land office fees and taxes and transfers.

If each property had its own company, then the initial costs would have been higher at 28,000 each, and the yearly taxes/balance sheet at 10,000 each, but when it really comes time to make a sale, a large fee is going to come due, while it would have cost only 6,00 to sell the shares of a company for a "house" sale.

PM me and I will get you in contact with my accountant.

Why do you need a lawyer?

Accountants do all of the yearly work filing taxes and the balance sheets.

Lawyers receive payment for acting as an agent for an accountants

Skip the lawyer and just get an accountant. If you PM me, I will send you my accountant's phone numbr and office address. She has been my and my friend's accountant for 17 years, so she is not fly-by-night and is also trustworthy.

Did this lawyer originally provide the idea to place three houses in one company? If so, it was not the wisest thing for him to suggest. If and or when one of you wants to sell your property AND it will happen, it will cost a lot of money .... in the neighborhood of 100,000 baht depending on the value of the house, to get it out of the company, and pay company taxes, pay the land office fees and taxes and transfers.

If each property had its own company, then the initial costs would have been higher at 28,000 each, and the yearly taxes/balance sheet at 10,000 each, but when it really comes time to make a sale, a large fee is going to come due, while it would have cost only 6,00 to sell the shares of a company for a "house" sale.

PM me and I will get you in contact with my accountant.

We had a lawyer to set up the company, because that seemed the sensible thing to do . . . . and have seen no reason to change it. None of the three of us has any intention of selling, although it COULD happen (not WILL!).

Sorry, but its no use talking about IF each house had its own company - it doesn't.

G