Father gunned down in front of his wife and children in Chonburi

webfact

Father gunned down in front of his wife and children in Chonburi

5pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Daily News reported that a 34 year old Thai man was killed in a hail of bullets as he played with his phone while relaxing with his children and wife yesterday evening. 

When Phan Thong police arrived they found three bullet holes in the sliding glass door and Attaphon Yartsamer barely clinging to life. 

He had been hit in the neck and shoulder. One bullet was embedded in his neck and the shoulder shot had exited through his lung. 

He was rushed to Phan Thong Hospital but was pronounced dead. 

The shooting occurred in a "lao dong" (medicinal alcohol) shop behind a 108 Store in the Nong Nok Hook housing estate in Map Pong sub-district.

His wife "Nim" said that she heard what she thought was her husband's phone exploding. But he had been shot. She said it was lucky that none of her four children had been hit by ricochets. 

Neighbor Ronnarit Mongkhonsin,18, said he heard shots and screams and came out to see what was going on. He saw a tall thin man in black with a full face helmet race away from the scene towards Phanat Nikhom on a motorcycle. 

Nim said she had no idea why her husband might be targeted. 

Phan Thong police are investigating. 

Source: Daily News

2 hours ago, Kim J said:

The first two paragraphs of this article are slightly contradictory. How does a "hail of bullets", then become three?

But regardless, incidents such as this will generally relate to involvement with one criminal activity or another, and are seldom unprovoked random attacks.

I wonder what effect this particular incident will have on Thailand's good image?

Why would this shooting ruin thailands image when there is 10's of these shootings daily if tourists getting stabbed,shot,attacked few times monthly dont ruin the image, a couple of locals gettin killed does not matter. Also yesterday 4 soldiers killed and 10 injured in attack in south and a cop shot trying to arrest drug dealer but that's the crimes tourists and expats rarely hears about 

If you're a bad egg you're going to get dusted.

If you associate yourself with bad company your family will suffer.

This guy I would reckon was a selfish soul, now his family pay the consequences.

Happens all over the world.

Let's all be accountable for our actions.

I'm sad for his family.

1 hour ago, ta158 said:

Why would this shooting ruin thailands image when there is 10's of these shootings daily if tourists getting stabbed,shot,attacked few times monthly dont ruin the image, a couple of locals gettin killed does not matter. Also yesterday 4 soldiers killed and 10 injured in attack in south and a cop shot trying to arrest drug dealer but that's the crimes tourists and expats rarely hears about 

Most tourists fail to research crime when choosing a destination. Last week i visited Kho Tao. Met a couple of nice foreigner girls there who were barely 19 years old and walking around in skimpy string bikinis. I asked them if they knew about "Death island" the news reports nickname for the island. They never ever heard of the deaths or rapes or anything bad happening there. Ignorance such as this for travellers make them as much to blame as the attacker. As for this articles killing. Just another day in Thailand news. Won't surprise me at all if the gunman was hired for 10,000 baht by his lover and her new boyfriend. Haha. 

Sorry for the kids though, going through life now without their father. But then, this also is common in a thailand for Thais with kids. 

1 hour ago, thesetat2013 said:

Most tourists fail to research crime when choosing a destination. Last week i visited Kho Tao. Met a couple of nice foreigner girls there who were barely 19 years old and walking around in skimpy string bikinis. I asked them if they knew about "Death island" the news reports nickname for the island. They never ever heard of the deaths or rapes or anything bad happening there. Ignorance such as this for travellers make them as much to blame as the attacker. As for this articles killing. Just another day in Thailand news. Won't surprise me at all if the gunman was hired for 10,000 baht by his lover and her new boyfriend. Haha. 

Sorry for the kids though, going through life now without their father. But then, this also is common in a thailand for Thais with kids. 

99% of all youtubers, blogs talking about safety in thailand and says it is the safest County to travel, despite not knowing anything and tourists and expats also say that Thailand is perfectly safe even in articles about tourists gettin shot,stabbed,killed etc how ironic isnt tgat? Everyone gives people false sense of safety in Thailand so people drop their guard and wander in sketchy areas etc. Dont get me wrong Thailand is not like mexico,Brazil etc but not far away, if comparing to Europe Thailand got much more violence against tourists

Archived