Nongprue cracks down on illegal trash dumpers

Rimmer

Nongprue cracks down on illegal trash dumpers

24-1-07-19-p4-Trash-1.jpg

PATTAYA:--Nongprue dispatched undercover officers to catch people illegally dumping trash on public property.

Sub-district clerk Rungnapa Tubnonghe said ad-hoc dumps have sprung up across the area, forcing civil servants to clean up.

Most illegal dumps were cleaned up and signs posted, fences erected and officers put on watch.

However, some problem areas persist, such as vacant lots on Pattanakarn Road so Nongprue had officers hide and stake out the area to wait for dumpers.

Several were captured and fined.

-- PATTAYA MAIL 2019-07-24—

1 hour ago, Emdog said:

Is there a hot line with English speakers to report this dumping? I see it off my balcony on a regular basis.

Perhaps the City Hall hotline 1337 will work. They have English speaking staff (for English press 9 will be the announcement). 

15 hours ago, Cake Monster said:

This will explain why there has been a huge increase in dumping trash recently close to my home about 6 Km from Nongprue.

The problem has not ceased, its just moved !

Yes, there are a few spots being newly developed as trash dumps on the roads to the casava fields near me too. 

A few years ago in a side street of Soi Nernplubwan there was a banner with following text :

" Don't put any garbage here ".

Only in English 

Did it mean that only " farangs " would put garbage there, Thais won't do such a thing.

or :

Only " farangs " weren't allowed to put garbage, Thais could.

Archived