Laos B Visa?

Just looking for reports and feedback. A co-worker went up there last month with the standard letter and co. docs and got back a lengthy 12 item list that'll keep us busy for some time.

Weighing whether he should go back up there with all this stuff, or just go to Penang where it might be less hassle.

I did a tourist visa in Ventienne some months back and engaged the services of one of the "helpers" out front. These guys seem to have the inside connects to get things done. Was thinking my friend should do the same, maybe pay a little more but save himself some trouble. :o

I'm an American, age 52 - been in Thailand 5.5 yers

I got a non-immB visa for Thailand in Vientienne. I like the newer consular office. After you stand in line for many tens of minutes, the gate opens, and all of a sudden a crowd of Asian men & women literally come out of the bushes and walk straight to the front of the line. What's new?

Anyhow, you dutifully queue onward to the first table where you submit your passport, copy of passport, face photos and documents - be sure to mention there what type of visa you want. They won't ask - and they'll assume (often wrongly) what you're seeking. Get copies of everything. I had a Thai business license, and was hoping for a 1 year non immB visa. I got a 3 month instead - which I find out later - can supposedly get upgraded a one year.

I tried that later at Mae Sai, but the non-English speaking officer there was non cooperative - plus he added requirements that I hadn't previous heard of. Am stymied and not content in Thailand.

Altogether, it's a tough row to hoe for some of us - who try to play within the rules.