O-A (Retirement) Visa

I first entered Thailand, from Australia, on my O-A Visa, on 29/5/2018 and due to a number of trips from and back into Thailand, my last "Admitted Until" stamp is 16/3/2020, which is when I would have to seek an extension.

I am returning to Australia for a month in December and am thinking of applying for a new Visa while I am there, rather than seek an extension next March. I have a few questions and would appreciate some advice;

1. Is what I propose, to apply for a new Visa rather than wait and extend, allowed?

If the answer to my query is yes, I have some questions about the form to be submitted to the Thai Embassy in Canberra;

1. Questions 10 & 11 relate to my current and permanent address. Should both of these be my address in Thailand, or should "Current Address" be my address in Australia when submitting the application?

2. Questions 18 & 19 relate to Local Guarantor and Guarantor in Thailand. I will enter my Thai Wife's details at Question 19, but I'm not sure about Question 18, is this just a contact person in Australia?

3. Can the Mefical Certificate be completed by a Doctor in Thailand?

Many thanks in advance.

49 minutes ago, ianezy0 said:

Good questions that I unfortunately can’t answer. But, I would be wary as the health insurance requirement could possibly be in force at the time you re-apply.

Thanks for your reply. I have the required Health Insurance already, so am prepared for that.

Some advice, for what it's worth. My health insurance is with Pacific Cross Health Insurance and they along with some other companies have put together Visa Compliant packages, however, I have one of their standard plans, "Premier", which ticks all the Visa boxes, but is cheaper than their Visa Compliant package.

• Thanks 1

You do what you plan on doing if you want to.

1. It really does not matter which address you use in the spaces. Just put the most honest address.

2. Normally those can be left blank. Contact info in Australia would be enough it you complete the spaces.

3. Best to contact the embassy or the consulate in Sydney about that.

OP, I realize I'm not addressing your questions directly. You mention returning to oz for month in DEC. Assuming your then back to los. Why not do a cheap exit reenter los before your visa expires. (Vietnam my vote) When you reenter you will be given further 12 month stay.

O-A is excellent option can obtain every 2 years. Note you will need to purchase reentry permit for "second year" if you wish to exit and reenter los.

5 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

OP, I realize I'm not addressing your questions directly. You mention returning to oz for month in DEC. Assuming your then back to los. Why not do a cheap exit reenter los before your visa expires. (Vietnam my vote) When you reenter you will be given further 12 month stay.

His original O-A Visa has already expired.

He's already on his last 2nd year permission of stay.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, AJS150654 said:

I am returning to Australia for a month in December and am thinking of applying for a new Visa while I am there, rather than seek an extension next March. I have a few questions and would appreciate some advice;

1. Is what I propose, to apply for a new Visa rather than wait and extend, allowed?

Yes.

As for your other questions just apply exactly as you did the for the original O-A Visa.

11 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

His original O-A Visa has already expired.

He's already on his last 2nd year permission of stay.

Too many beer last night. Thanks for correction. 

Gin tonic please. Ha

Thinking op has good plan. O-A every couple of years seems appealing to me.