Charging Tables While Using it.

chiangrai

I have had a post on this topic before but I need some more advice. 

I have a Lenovo Android tablet that has a USB2 port and was told that I can't  charge the tablet while I am using it with a USB drive. 

ThAt news was bad enough but now it seems that the tablet won't charge even when I am watching YouTube.

Is that so or am I doing something wrong. It seems to be using less battery but it's still using more than its  taking. 

Also on a really basic level, I can't  tell if the tablet is charging or not. 

Should there be an indicated on the top bar or should the light beside the USB port be a certain colour. 

When the machine is turned off and charging that light is red until the battery is fully charged, it's  green when the tablet is on and the charging lead is attached. 

3 minutes ago, chiangrai said:

Also the keyboard keeps changing the words I type without telling me. 

Like in the title of this post, it changed the word tablet to tables for some unknown reason. 

Autocorrect dictionary 

My Lenovo charger blew when it shorted in a hotel room \nd I don't know where I got the one I'm

using now. It also doesn't charge fully if you let it on overnight if the battery is really low beforehand.

This is the first thing I need to change.

I am now in India and will ha'e to buy one online. How will I know if the charger I buy is good enough.

1 hour ago, chiangrai said:

My Lenovo charger blew when it shorted in a hotel room \nd I don't know where I got the one I'm

using now. It also doesn't charge fully if you let it on overnight if the battery is really low beforehand.

This is the first thing I need to change.

I am now in India and will ha'e to buy one online. How will I know if the charger I buy is good enough.

I have the same issues with mine. It won't fully charge.

Also on a really basic level, I can't  tell if the tablet is charging or not. 

Should there be an indicated on the top bar or should the light beside the USB port be a certain colour.

I don't have a Lenovo so I can't check and be sure, but on most devices there is a little battery in the top notification bar. When it is charging this could change colour or often there is a little "flash" symbol like a lightning bolt which shows that it is charging.

Also in the Adroid Settings there should be some setting which shows the battery status. Here it should show charging, discharging and how much the system, screen and apps are using the battery (in percentage). If an App has a high percentage of battery use, it could be a reason why it takes so long to charge or in your case prevents you from fully charging.

Apart from that you could search and download a 3rd party battery monitor app for example like Battery Monitor or GSam Battery Monitor

Battery Monitor

GSam Battery Monitor

Also the keyboard keeps changing the words I type without telling me. 

Like in the title of this post, it changed the word tablet to tables for some unknown reason. 

As mentioned above that is the autocorrection.

You don't really need to turn it off. It can be helpful to correct your words if you misspell. Yes it does put in anoher word sometimes.

It is best just to be careful and look at what the autocorrection is suggesting sometimes. When you type on the keyboard, just above the keyboard the app will make suggestions. Sometimes it suggest the wrong word, like in your case, but ypu need to choose the correct word. Not ideal for sure.

If you want to turn it off, you will need to look in the settings under Language, Input, Keyboard and see if there is a setting to turn off the auto correction feature.

ThAt news was bad enough but now it seems that the tablet won't charge even when I am watching YouTube.

Is that so or am I doing something wrong. It seems to be using less battery but it's still using more than its  taking. 

It sounds like your charger does not have enough power. The amount of Amps is important. Can you have a look on your charger and see how many Amps it produces on the Output. It should be 2A or more.

I bought a new two amps charger and the battery percentage is going up while I'm  watching downloaded videos as opposed to going down with the old charger.

That's  huge.

The keyboard is cheetah keyboard which I downloaded. I like that it suggests spelling corrections but not that it changed besides them automatically.

I will look at it's  settings.

Your right, there is a lightening flash on the battery icon in the top bar,I would never have seen it if I wasn't  looking for it.

Archived