Black Mountain

mas

still under construction

Took a drive out there a couple of weeks ago. Course looks excellent but the clubhouse construction is just beginning. Nobody there that could speak english so I don't know how far off they are to opening. I will have to play it next time I am in Thailand.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Will be playing here this coming weekend - will report back.... and hopefully find my swing before then - heard there's several blind shots on the front nine.

Hopefully also play the old favourite Railway course.

Coops

Played there this last weekend.

Walked all 18 - a lot more hilly than the usual converted paddy field of course, but ok if a little slow..(to walk, that is. Pace of play is as quick as you want it to be)

Good condition, although some bunkers are washed out due to their newness.

Greens are fast, but not excessively so - overall the course is very playable. The blind shots are more 'semi' blind and the free course planner helps out - no major hidden surprises. Some very new caddies, as can be expected, buggies are one to a golfer and can be driven on fairways (at present caddies only can drive, as they are ware of where is best to go to protect the course - later should be no problem, cart paths are only around tees and greens). Housing development is also ongoing, not too obstrusive though.

Good marshals too - were able to get a 2 ball and a single thru our 4 ball easily and in a friendly manner - played on a saturday and it wasn't busy. The tee time spacing also should help, as long as they continue with it.....

At the planned 4000bht (or maybe 5000 after rainy season!) this course will not be 'good value' obviously - the course itself is in no way 'worth' that much, but i imagine the idea is if you do choose to play there, you're paying for the peace and space to either play quickly without holdups or take your time and fit in with the ample spacing between groups. Will be interesting to see if it works out.

Worth a visit now before the price increase, anyway!

Coops

Edited by coops

• 4 months later...