Vaccinations At Red Cross, Super Low Cost!

junkofdavid2

Hi guys!

In an earlier post, I asked where I could get a Hepatitis A vaccine at a reputable place at a low cost (the non-profit catholic hospital near my how was charging 2,000+ per injection; and this hospital seems to be low priced compared to Bumungrad and Samitivej and others).

Poster named Prakanong (thanks man!) advised me to try out the Red Cross. Well, I went to the Red Cross today and the vaccine cost me only 1,100 THB!

Half the price of my hospital. I also found out that their influenza vaccine is about 360 THB, which is also about half of what my hospital charged me when I got my influenza vaccine (735 THB) in February (dang! should've known!).

Not difficult to find... it's at the corner of Rama 4 and Henry Dumant Road... same compound as the Snake Farm. Place is called "Queen Saovabha Institute" inside the Red Cross compound. The doctor and nurses speak (enough) English. Their tel. # is 02-2520161 extension # 132

http://www.saovabha.org/immune_clinic/index.html

By the way, this is also the place where you should run to get rabies shots if you're bitten by a stray dog.

Hope this helps!

JOD

Edited by junkofdavid2

Thanks. I got bit by a dog in Hua Hin, and the owner's servant took me immediately to the Red Cross rather than the (lousy, expensive) farang hospital or a local Thai hospital. The complete series of rabies, plus tetanus and first aid, totalled 1,900 - and required 8 jabs if I had gone all the way through (but the dog didn't die).

Now, to find the Red Cross immunization clinic in Chiang Mai; otherwise I'll have to go to Maharaj Hospital.