TM30 at Swampy on returning from Laos?

I'm doing my Multi Entry in Savannakhet next week. The problem is that my return flight gets in to Bkk at 4.30pm, then continue on to Chiangmai. My question is this.

Can l report my TM30 update at Swampy when l arrive, or do l have to do it at Chiangmai lmmigration. If the latter, will l be fined since Monday would be the next business day?

Edited by Expat Brad
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You cannot do a TM30 form at any airport or border crossing.

You would not be fined if you went on Monday.

Hey Joe

I have asked this question on a few forum post but not had a reply, so as your here, can you please answer this as I am not fully conversant with this TM30 form yet.

I exit Thailand in October and upon my return I am staying down south for a week in a hotel. 

My immigration told me to go to the cop shop and get a letter from them advising that I am there, and to bring it to my immigration office as soon as I get back.

I am on the marriage extension and thought that the TM 30 is for the hotel to complete and lodge, or must I do this every time I am in and out of the country as I thought the re-entry visa would take care of all of this, confused ????

7 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

I am on the marriage extension and thought that the TM 30 is for the hotel to complete and lodge, or must I do this every time I am in and out of the country as I thought the re-entry visa would take care of all of this, confused

Hotels have to do one.

After the trip out of the country whether you need do one or not depends upon what your local immigration office requires.

Some are wanting one after you stay in hotel doring a trip within the country.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Hotels have to do one.

After the trip out of the country whether you need do one or not depends upon what your local immigration office requires.

Some are wanting one after you stay in hotel doring a trip within the country.

Thx Joe

Will have to get the wife to sort them, because they are an hour 20 up the road and it's a bloody waste of time, but their country, their rules, I'm smiling.........look, teeth grinding ????

Wonder what's going to happen when we tell them we went to Hua Hin 3 months back...lol

31 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You cannot do a TM30 form at any airport or border crossing.

You would not be fined if you went on Monday.

So... even though Chiang Mai immigration is open on weekends for TM30 filing, the OP would not be fined if he waited until  Monday to file?

4 minutes ago, kilt said:

So... even though Chiang Mai immigration is open on weekends for TM30 filing, the OP would not be fined if he waited until  Monday to file?

Probably not since the majority of people would not be aware they can possibley do it on a weekend.

• Like 1

I'm doing my Multi Entry in Savannakhet next week. The problem is that my return flight gets in to Bkk at 4.30pm, then continue on to Chiangmai. My question is this.
Can l report my TM30 update at Swampy when l arrive, or do l have to do it at Chiangmai lmmigration. If the latter, will l be fined since Monday would be the next business day?

I guess you are applying for a ME VISA. If you have nothing to do at your immigration in future, why you bother about a TM30 update?

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

1 hour ago, wobalt said:

I guess you are applying for a ME VISA. If you have nothing to do at your immigration in future, why you bother about a TM30 update?

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Exactly, Im on a Non O myself for the past 5 years and have never filed a TM30 and don't even know how it looks like as never stepped foot in any immigration office in 5 years as I don't see a point.

• Like 1