Options for first time 90-day reporting

I recently got my Non-Imm OA visa and entered Thailand on July 22.  So my 90-day reporting is due October 19.

On the Immigration website I read that there are 3 options for doing the reporting:

- Reporting in person at your provincial Immigration Office;

- Reporting by sending the required documents 15 days before renewal date to the Immigration Office;

- Reporting on-line between 15 and 7 days before renewal date.

As this is my first 90-day report I need to do, I have some questions which are not addressed on the Immigration website:

1. Are those 3 options also available for first time reporting, or would it )be wiser to present myself in person for this first time?

2. If I choose to report by registered mail, the address where to send the documents is in Bangkok.  Is that correct, as my Immigration Office is located in SiSaKet province?

3. For the on-line reporting option an extensive User-guideline can be downloaded.  Although the title of that guideline and the screenshots are in english, the text is in Thai, so I wonder if there is no full-english language version available (after all it is meant for foreigners).

Thanks in advance for any help/advice with the above.

1. You will need to your first report in person to get set up in their system.

2. You would mail the report to Sisaket immigration. Only those living in Bangkok can mail them to immigration there.

3. There is no english version of the manual that I have seen. Not really needed since it is fairly clear what is needed as to through the four pages of the online application.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

1. You will need to your first report in person to get set up in their system.

2. You would mail the report to Sisaket immigration. Only those living in Bangkok can mail them to immigration there.

3. There is no english version of the manual that I have seen. Not really needed since it is fairly clear what is needed as to through the four pages of the online application.

Hi UbonJoe > Many thanks for quick and crystal clear response as always, super!

Just realized that I have one additional question.

My 90-day reporting is due October 19.  Should I report in person on the due date itself, or what is the period that you are eligible to report before actual due date?

You can do the report up to 15 days before the report date or 7 days after including the report date in the count.

If you do the report early or late the next report date will 90 days from the date you do it.

• Thanks 1

OP - it would probably be advisable to take along a completed TM30 form with you (in addition to a completed TM47 form for the 90-day report), unless you (or your housemaster) have already provided your local immigration office with this following your recent entry into Thailand.

Edited by OJAS
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, OJAS said:

OP - it would probably be advisable to take along a completed TM30 form with you (in addition to a completed TM47 form for the 90-day report), unless you (or your housemaster) have already provided your local immigration office with this following your recent entry into Thailand.

Hi OJAS, thanks for the advice.  I will surely do so, even though it is confirmed that my provincial Immigration Office in SiSaKet does not enforce TM-30 reporting for foreigners living in the province.  But to be on the safe side, I already submitted a request for receiving a username:password which would enable me to do my TM-30 reporting on-line.

Just to piggyback on this thread, is a postal 90-day report treated independently of the TM30 issue? I sent in the usual 90-day to Chaengwattana in mid-July (EMS both ways), not got a receipt yet, though I have proof it arrived there. If there's no TM30 on file, could this prevent it being accepted? I've yet to hear about any posted TM47's being refused. 

dont worry about the online reporting it doesn't work, unless someone has done recently and can tell us it works and did they use safari, chrome or internet explorer .... i have tried numerous occasions and it won't work. 

the TM30 online reporting for 24hrs when returning from overseas works fine we use this all the time..

i am not sure where you are based sorry didnt read thoroughly but in Phuket we have a drive through window

for 90 days reporting and its excellent takes no more then 5/10 mins and you just hand your passport to the lady or man at the window.... some paperwork required with passport form you need to print out and hand in..

good luck

19 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

Hi OJAS, thanks for the advice.  I will surely do so, even though it is confirmed that my provincial Immigration Office in SiSaKet does not enforce TM-30 reporting for foreigners living in the province.  But to be on the safe side, I already submitted a request for receiving a username:password which would enable me to do my TM-30 reporting on-line.

In Sisaket you do need to make a TM 30 one time when you move to here, but they do not want you to make one  when you have been abroad or in another provins.

Sisaket is a friendly and helpful immigration office, they fill out forms for you on PC's and copy papers for you if nessacary and perhaps charge 20 bht for copies.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, aussieinphuket said:

dont worry about the online reporting it doesn't work, unless someone has done recently and can tell us it works and did they use safari, chrome or internet explorer .... i have tried numerous occasions and it won't work. 

That is not correct. There are numerous reports of people using it and it working.

Almost certainly at least one field that you have filled in does not match the information in the database, that will always get a "go to your local office " message.

In my case I have to enter one field with incorrect information and another with incomplete information for it to be accepted. I have never used Internet Exploder, or Micro$oft Winblows.

(No I am not going to give any more detailed  information). So just keep trying with slightly different information and you may get a database hit and be successful. 

Edited by sometimewoodworker

On 8/3/2019 at 12:02 PM, Peter Denis said:

Just realized that I have one additional question.

My 90-day reporting is due October 19.  Should I report in person on the due date itself, or what is the period that you are eligible to report before actual due date?

Download the 90 report app for your phone.  You enter your arrival date or the date of the last 90 report and it gives the allowed dates for all three methods. 

• Thanks 1