Clarifications needed regarding TM30

Dear friends,

Although I have read many threads about TM30 forms I am still confused about it.

I am on a retirement extension since December 2018 which I got from CW Immigration Office together with a multiple re-entry permit and there is where I am doing my 90-day reports as well. I have done two 90-day reports so far and my next one is due in 2 months.

I am renting an apartment in the Sukhumvit area for all the above time and I have no idea if the landlord has ever filed a TM30 report regarding my stay in his property. I was out of the country for 3 weeks last June and I stayed in a hotel in Pattaya for a few days last week.

So here are my questions, regarding the requirements at CW, as I understand every immigration office follows their own interpretation of rules

1) Did I have to file a report myself after returning from abroad ? What kind of report would that be ? Would that be a TM30 ? Or should I preferably  notify the landlord to do it every time I return from a trip abroad (that would be a real hassle for him I would imagine). And if I do notify the landlord how would I know if he really filed a TM30 , before me making the day-trip to CW for the next 90-day reporting and be asked for additional documents and forms which I would not have handy ? (thus having to repeat the trip)

2) Would  there be a need for an additional TM30 after returning from my trip to Pattaya ? The person who would need to fill the report would be my landlord again ?  So do I need to notify the landlord and urge him to file a TM30 also when I travel outside of Bangkok and stay in a hotel ?

3) This online TM30 filing I presume is only for landlords/owners right ? Can a tenant be able to file one as I believe the landlord would get very reluctant and bored to do that as time goes by ?

The whole situation seems totally crazy to me if the above assumptions are true.

Edited by Barry864

If you don't have a TM30 receipt in your passport (or screenshot of the online report) you would be advised to self-report, or you may have issues when you do your Extension.

Technically you need to refile every time you come back from abroad, with a new TM6 number, but it's not clear to me if CW enforce this. Some offices also require a new report even when returning from an overnight stay in Thailand, but reports suggest that CW do not require this.

Sent from my SM-A500F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

2 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

If you don't have a TM30 receipt in your passport (or screenshot of the online report) you would be advised to self-report, or you may have issues when you do your Extension.

Technically you need to refile every time you come back from abroad, with a new TM6 number, but it's not clear to me if CW enforce this. Some offices also require a new report even when returning from an overnight stay in Thailand, but reports suggest that CW do not require this.

Should you do that if your Immigration off does not require it?

Should you do that if your Immigration off does not require it?
I don't how official it is. But I'm certainly not going to do a report every time I return from within Thailand. I've done one by mail, and that will have to do. I'll find out when I do my Extension in November.

12 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

So how do you self-report online ?

So how do you self-report online ?

Request a login/password. Wait to get it (up to 3 weeks) then submit online reports, in the same way hotels do.

The website can be found on this forum. Personally, I found it easier to do it by mail, like with 90 day reports. Anything to avoid the trek to Chaengwattana.

Sent from my SM-A500F using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Request a login/password. Wait to get it (up to 3 weeks) then submit online reports, in the same way hotels do.

The website can be found on this forum. Personally, I found it easier to do it by mail, like with 90 day reports. Anything to avoid the trek to Chaengwattana.

Sent from my SM-A500F using Tapatalk

I'm with you Brew. However problem is receipt taking few weeks. I fly out/in los every couple of weeks. Meaning I post latest return then do extension with no receipt in hand.

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

The OP will at some point need attend CW for next extension. I'm in same boat. I fly in/out most other week. My plan is to file tm30 via mail as "possessor" just after  my last return to los. 

I found the link to register online and only owners of the property are supposed to register  giving details of property ID etc. What is this "possessor" status some people are advocating ? Is it legal at all ?

2 minutes ago, Barry864 said:

I found the link to register online and only owners of the property are supposed to register  giving details of property ID etc. What is this "possessor" status some people are advocating ? Is it legal at all ?

Yes completely an option. It suits some folks that for one example have trouble obtaining info from landlord etc. 

My case for example only is that I live in condo where I'm perhaps only farang. Mostly uni thai students etc. I travel a LOT. Don't wish to trouble admin. Prior to CW demanding tm30 for 7 yrs I needed nothing. Now before next extension I will file tm30 as possessor via mail. All that is required is form with copy lease, some passport copies, tm6 etc. That's about it. Details mentioned in few posts and receipt with success.

report in person @ Immigration office.....they will attach a note in your passport of which address you are staying. Easy when you leave and return back to the country as in fact the address conformation (if you didn't move) is @ the same date as you're 90 day reporting.....staying in a hotel inside Thailand in a different province for example make life tough........Hotel should report, if you stay in a friends house house owner/master should report , if you are married but husband or wife (foreign)don't have a yellow book, you're wife/husband  needs to report....all by filling in a TM 30, if i am correct, i have family from Laos staying @ our address, as house master I did the reporting (they didn't need to be present, only passport) IO said 1800 bath fine if we didn't report......