Computer chair

Aforek

Hello, I don't need a computer, but a computer chair ( how do say in English, is it correct ? ) 

My "old " ( only 3 years ) chair is broken and I need a new one ; do you use one which lasts many years , and which one is it ?

I want to buy mine to Lazada, so If you know one to show me , please do it . I see there are some less than 1000 bahts, I don't think they are any good

thanks for your ( good ) advice 

Bought below Ergohuman 16k model 3 years ago and very comfortable and not broken (like most I have bought previously - even more expensive).  Believe would pay extra 2k for leg rest if buying now as that would be great for watching video.  Chair is adjustable in just about every way (a bit too complex in that regards perhaps).  But as said very comfortable and open mesh allows air flow so never hot.  

https://www.lazada.co.th/catalog/?q=ergohuman&_keyori=ss&from=input&spm=a2o4m.searchlist.search.go.288f5301Yf8qJa

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

If you want to buy a good chair then sit on the chair you want to buy and try it.

You can't do that online!

But you can in a tent sales shops and it will likely feel great - for the month or less it lasts.  Have bought several 3-5 thousand baht chairs in such places with plastic height adjustment shafts - they do not last long for most of us 90 kilo folks.  

Edited by lopburi3

I bought a desk chair from Index for about 3,000B. The leatherette surface disintegrated within a year or so and the gas strut failed soon after that so I threw it away.

So I bought another one from Ikea for about 2,500B, taking care to choose one with a fabric finish instead of leatherette. One of the plastic arms broke within a few months and Ikea were unable or unwilling to do anything about it, so I got a metal shop to make up a couple of small brackets to reinforce the two arms. With those in place it has lasted several years.

7 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

they do not last long for most of us 90 kilo folks

Some of us dream about only weighing 90kg.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

But you can in a tent sales shops and it will likely feel great - for the month or less it lasts.  Have bought several 3-5 thousand baht chairs in such places with plastic height adjustment shafts - they do not last long for most of us 90 kilo folks.  

That's interesting.

And that is obviously another reason to go to a shop and check if it's plastic... 

5 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

I bought a desk chair from Index for about 3,000B. The leatherette surface disintegrated within a year or so and the gas strut failed soon after that so I threw it away.

So I bought another one from Ikea for about 2,500B, taking care to choose one with a fabric finish instead of leatherette. One of the plastic arms broke within a few months and Ikea were unable or unwilling to do anything about it, so I got a metal shop to make up a couple of small brackets to reinforce the two arms. With those in place it has lasted several years.

Some of us dream about only weighing 90kg.

Some of us weigh 64.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

That's interesting.

And that is obviously another reason to go to a shop and check if it's plastic... 

Not sure it would be obvious - looked like normal metal casing - only after if failed and I took apart was it obvious that really just plastic - was a really nice looking/feeling padded executive type chair.

• Like 1

I stopped using the "computer chairs" years ago as they were killing my back. I use a recliner chair and just buy a loose shelf at proper lenght that I put the keyboard and mouse on.  The shelf rests snugly on the armrests on the recliner. Very comfy for hours of computer-time.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

Bought below Ergohuman 16k model 3 years ago and very comfortable and not broken (like most I have bought previously - even more expensive).  Believe would pay extra 2k for leg rest if buying now as that would be great for watching video.  Chair is adjustable in just about every way (a bit too complex in that regards perhaps).  But as said very comfortable and open mesh allows air flow so never hot.  

https://www.lazada.co.th/catalog/?q=ergohuman&_keyori=ss&from=input&spm=a2o4m.searchlist.search.go.288f5301Yf8qJa

Great looking chairs in a lot of price ranges. The showroom is easy to go to off the 9 ring road it seems. If in the area worth a look I think.

6 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

Not sure it would be obvious - looked like normal metal casing - only after if failed and I took apart was it obvious that really just plastic - was a really nice looking/feeling padded executive type chair.

Yes, trying five minutes is not enough, that's why I prefer that people speak of something they know for a long time ; your link in the first message shows pretty expensive chairs, but quality has a price , I keep it for later 

10 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

Just checked records - that chair was bought in January 2011 from Thai newspaper advertisement for store which was temp rental on main road.  Chair filed in less than 2 months.  Cost was 6,900 baht so not expecting it to be mounted on plastic shaft.  Obviously I got the shaft.  

• Like 1

I Pattaya based go look Baan & Beyond (old Home Works Sukhumvit next to Big C ) has a big line of them in different prices …, advantage : you can try them by sitting on them !

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

You get what you pay for. Once one has used a Herman Miller you try not to go back. However, new ones cost a fortune. Is there anywhere in LOS one can get second-hand models?

Sent from my SM-N935F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I confirm they are very comfortable - and very expensive.

I guess if I would sit in an office 8 hours a day I would buy one. Then it's an investment in long term health.

Three years ago I bought a Lazy Boy chair from Office Mate in P'lok, executive bonded leather, 5 year warranty, Bht 11500. Very comfortable. After a few months I could see the upholstery starting to 'bubble' especially on the armrests where my sweaty arms are placed. After 14 months the 'leather' was cracked on the seat & back and the leather was coming away from the backing. After a few visits & emails to Office Mate, who refused anything as it was only the metalwork which was 5 years covered, the upholstery 1 year. So an email to Lazy Boy in USA with 'I bought Lazy Boy because of the company's reputation for quality' etc etc. A week later I got a call from Office Mate...new chair ready for you. Took delivery and within nine months exactly the same happened, so back to O Mate who this time agreed it was faulty and would replace it. I refused another Lazy Boy and settled for a Furrotech canvassy one same price. Meanwhile I got in touch with Lazy Boy again, some executive sales guy based in China (where they are made) and he was apologetic and offered me $375 in compensation. So end of story, new Furradec chair, very comfortable, no sweatty, and my money back.

14 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

After 14 months the 'leather' was cracked on the seat & back and the leather was coming away from the backing.

Have had very bad luck with anything real leather here - synthetic seems to hold up much better.  Indeed any sweat and game over. 

22 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Have had very bad luck with anything real leather here - synthetic seems to hold up much better.  Indeed any sweat and game over. 

It was NOT real leather, it was 'bonded leather' which is very very thin leather glued onto a fabric backing.

I find synthetic leather ie PVC, makes me sweat when in contact with it. So I have a real leather recliner.....which I cover with a towel!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

It was NOT real leather, it was 'bonded leather' which is very very thin leather glued onto a fabric backing.

Believe that thin is real leather here - I used to agree with PVC being sweat box but the higher priced versions seem to be much better now and do not feel any sweat as did with previous.  This is on a redone recliner using the most expensive artificial leather which is in unairconditioned area of house.

• Like 1

I’m a fan of a yoga ball personally... as well as an adjustable height desk where I can stand. It really comes down to your height, height of your monitor relative to your head height, and what kind of back support you like. Or, take a look at Tesco...

I was curious about what kind of chairs are better for the back and long-time work at computer. And I found out that chairs that looks like a saddle are the most ergonomic for our body. They look weird but they say it is comfortable to work on it. Now I am thinking about buying one like this. If somebody do it before me, please tell us how it feels. Satulatuoli.jpg