Taco Bell crosses the river to Thon Buri

webfact

Taco Bell crosses the river to Thon Buri

By THE NATION

800_06bd6d69bbae426.jpeg?v=1564979140

(Photo: soul4street.com)

Taco Bell, the world’s leading Mexican-inspired restaurant chain, is all set to open its third location in Thailand at CentralPlaza Pinklao.

To celebrate the opening, the brand is launching the new “Chickstar” which will be available for a limited time only. The star-shaped tortilla, filled with crispy chicken and fresh veggies has been designed to please the Thai palate with two unique flavours – Jim Jaew and Seafood.

On opening day, August 18, Taco Bell fans can enjoy a free Chickstar when ordering any combos on the menu. Diners can also take part in fun activities to win special prizes including Taco Bell limited-edition T-shirts for the first 100 customers, souvenirs, as well as Taco Bell limited-edition gold pendants for the winners of Taco Bell Thailand Facebook Page’s campaign.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/biz-moves/30374223

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2019-08-05

3 hours ago, wendyfromoz said:

is this a rip off of Taco Bill?

TACO BELL was founded in 1962 in Downey, Cal, by Glen Bell.

TACO BILL was founded by in 1967 in Australia by Bill Chilcote from California. 

Thus, I would say that Bill ripped off Bell. What do you think?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taco_Bell

https://australianfoodtimeline.com.au/taco-bill/

Edited by ratcatcher
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, FreedomDude said:

Lets try to put together a list of current Taco Bell locations. I could not get this info from their facebook page and www.tacobell.co.th is not maintained.

1. Under BTS Chit Lom station.

2. Ground Level of Paragon shopping mall

3. This new one in Thon Buri

Where else? Anyone?

For Thailand, that's all right now, though they definitely have plans to expand.

FWIW, the Chidlom location is on the ground floor of the Mercuryville community mall there.

PS - I've become a bit of a fan of the place, though only partly...

On the good side, I'm OK with their tacos, especially the Kickin' Chicken variety, their seasoned french fries are good, and their nacho fries are pretty good as well, despite being a bit expensive.

On the bad side, their beef (though I hesitate to call it that) is miserable and tasteless with the consistency of baby food, and I've yet to find/try any burrito there that isn't overly starchy and bad. In part because in addition to having lousy beef, they also still don't have any refried beans/pinto beans on the menu.

If you go in thinking of it as Taco Thailand, and not a real Taco Bell from the U.S., you'll be much less disappointed.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, time2093 said:

To bad that the majority of items in the photo above is not available in the Taco Bell menu in Thailand just like all fast food chains in Thailand have very limited menu options compare to the west and yes Philippines is the west when it comes to fast food.

When they firts opened they didnot have beef so I wrote them and said I and otheres would not even visit unless they added beef. They have added beef but still need to be hounded to add beans.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Tony125 said:

When they firts opened they didnot have beef so I wrote them and said I and otheres would not even visit unless they added beef. They have added beef but still need to be hounded to add beans.

They added "beef." But it certainly doesn't taste or eat like any beef I've ever had anywhere else. They're not using ground beef, I believe it's some kind of minced beef from Australia, but good luck in trying to find any beef taste/flavor in it.

• Like 1

On 8/5/2019 at 6:21 PM, ratcatcher said:

TACO BELL was founded in 1962 in Downey, Cal, by Glen Bell.

TACO BILL was founded by in 1967 in Australia by Bill Chilcote from California. 

Thus, I would say that Bill ripped off Bell. What do you think?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taco_Bell

https://australianfoodtimeline.com.au/taco-bill/

Fair enough, just I had never heard of Taco Bell, just Taco Bill.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/5/2019 at 12:30 PM, time2093 said:

To bad that the majority of items in the photo above is not available in the Taco Bell menu in Thailand just like all fast food chains in Thailand have very limited menu options compare to the west and yes Philippines is the west when it comes to fast food.

That sucks. So when I go I will take a photo of the menu. Better beefy and cheesy items on it! Sour cream too! Double deckers too! I wont be needing a shirt as they wont have my size..Nor my food either? <deleted>

• Confused 1