Tinned milk

Thick milk

Sugar

powders

and all other things used in selling drinks

Crisps

Sweets

small toys

We sell all the above, but in smallish quantities,  but end up buying in the local markets ( and paying their mark ups ) but keep getting asked by other shopkeepers if we can supply them, saves them paying through the nose in local shops, or travelling into town, would like to supply a bigger market if we can

Would be good if we could get any names, phone numbers or addresses 

thanks in advance 

I believe that Thailand is ranked # 6 in the World for plastic waste and Im sure u r aware of the Worldwide crisis with plastic waste choking our seas and rivers. This is destroying and poisoning wildlife and entering the food chain which will effect us all eventually. May I suggest that this might be a good time for u to find alternatives to the plastic u use and to encourage regulars to bring their own reusable cups/flasks etc. as they rnow in the West. U would also set a good example to the Thais.

Last time I was in Udon I was encouraged to see someone Thai, the 1st Ive come across, selling bbq chicken in the UD town car park area now taken over by evening food venders, in cardboard trays rather than the ubiquitous polystyrene ones.

8 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

The OP can set up a trade account with either Makro or Ngee Soon.

already use Makro on a normal account 

but are they cheaper than using a main wholesaler/importer ?

Their prices seem pretty much the same as other outlets, with maybe a baht or 2 less

but thanks for the reply

18 minutes ago, SunsetT said:

I believe that Thailand is ranked # 6 in the World for plastic waste and Im sure u r aware of the Worldwide crisis with plastic waste choking our seas and rivers. This is destroying and poisoning wildlife and entering the food chain which will effect us all eventually. May I suggest that this might be a good time for u to find alternatives to the plastic u use and to encourage regulars to bring their own reusable cups/flasks etc. as they rnow in the West. U would also set a good example to the Thais.

Last time I was in Udon I was encouraged to see someone Thai, the 1st Ive come across, selling bbq chicken in the UD town car park area now taken over by evening food venders, in cardboard trays rather than the ubiquitous polystyrene ones.

maybe you could come to the villages and try telling them to bring re-usable cups and flasks, wonder if you could make 1 sale a day ?

Schoolchildren to carry the same to school ?, in your dreams

Even have to give a small plastic bag if they buy more than 3 items, crazy, but they wont buy without

I know its bad, but if you want to sell anything, the customer is king, not you

I see and use polystyrene boxes for food sometimes, but never seen cardboard around here

Maybe if your like 7-11 /Tesco, you might get away with it, like yesterday, no plastic carrier bags at Tesco, but not at the Mam and Pop shops, they will just go to the next one

15 hours ago, Joinaman said:

already use Makro on a normal account 

but are they cheaper than using a main wholesaler/importer ?

Their prices seem pretty much the same as other outlets, with maybe a baht or 2 less

but thanks for the reply

Trade account as a wholesale customer, not as just another bulk-buying retail customer. Bigger savings.

Checked Ngee Soon yet? Two locations but the biggest and easier access one is out Nadee side.

40 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Trade account as a wholesale customer, not as just another bulk-buying retail customer. Bigger savings.

Checked Ngee Soon yet? Two locations but the biggest and easier access one is out Nadee side.

My wife has a trade account at Makro.

On spending an average of 30k a month there she gets a rebate of about 180 baht. Not really worth worrying about.

She does get a monthly visit by 2 Makro reps though. Lol.

Thanks guys

have found a couple of places for the milks and sugars, cheaper than Makro including delivery

All the local shops here buy from Makro and resell at higher price, so need to buy cheaper than Makro's price so i can undercut them and still make the profit margins

Just got to source the dreaded plastic items, lol

Thanks again for your help and advice, much appreciated

4 hours ago, Joinaman said:

Thanks guys

have found a couple of places for the milks and sugars, cheaper than Makro including delivery

All the local shops here buy from Makro and resell at higher price, so need to buy cheaper than Makro's price so i can undercut them and still make the profit margins

Just got to source the dreaded plastic items, lol

Thanks again for your help and advice, much appreciated

If Udon is like any other Issan town I would be inclined to look around the railway station area. In the past, this was where people set up shop as their supplies were sent by train from Bangkok.

Many shops would be selling such items as you are looking for to local shops, noodle shops and restaurants, etc.

On 8/5/2019 at 12:56 PM, Joinaman said:

maybe you could come to the villages and try telling them to bring re-usable cups and flasks, wonder if you could make 1 sale a day ?

Schoolchildren to carry the same to school ?, in your dreams

Even have to give a small plastic bag if they buy more than 3 items, crazy, but they wont buy without

I know its bad, but if you want to sell anything, the customer is king, not you

I see and use polystyrene boxes for food sometimes, but never seen cardboard around here

Maybe if your like 7-11 /Tesco, you might get away with it, like yesterday, no plastic carrier bags at Tesco, but not at the Mam and Pop shops, they will just go to the next one

Did you hear the story about the Cuvier’s beaked whale that washed up on a beach in the Philippines? Its stomach was clogged with a record-breaking 40kg of plastic. Whales, turtles, seals, sea birds… these animals are suffering the most. Enough is enough.

16 hours ago, SunsetT said:

Did you hear the story about the Cuvier’s beaked whale that washed up on a beach in the Philippines? Its stomach was clogged with a record-breaking 40kg of plastic. Whales, turtles, seals, sea birds… these animals are suffering the most. Enough is enough.

Nice post

Perhaps you would like to go on a tour of Thailand villages and tell them to stop using plastic

Tell them they are stupid and should only use paper and straw

Just let me know when your coming, will arrange a nice van transport for you complete with a couple of medics

Archived