Marriage Extension

:o I received the retirement extension while living in Pattaya, but since changed provinces living near Alanyaprathet. Now I want to have the marriage extension because my bank account has been depleted due to purchasing a car. At Alanya they said I had to go back to Pattaya for the extension. My due date is beginning of September. In October, my wife and I plan to return to live in Pattaya, as she wants to go back to work in her friend's laundry. She is 27 years my junior, so she likes to work. I am at a loss what I should do about if the Immigration wants to make a home visit. Where should I list my home address. Our stay in Pattaya will be for only six months. Could somebody out there e-mail me some direction?

When you do have the funds, you should apply where you are living!!

The address needs to match with the one where you are currently registered with immigration.

Also make sure the house owner has reported you presence.

All these points get checked when you apply for the marriage extension.

:o Thanks for the replies and I have pension over 500,000 a year that I can show. So if I catch it right, the Immigration don't go for temporary addresses. OI, that is a problem for me. Many Thai families come to Pattaya to work but live someplace else. I have been in Thailand for 14 years running, but what can I say about it all? It was easier being an immigrant in Europe than here surely. Should I lay the whole story on Immigration? That is my real question.